Gym

Zander and I walked to the gym, which was in a separate building from the high school. I try to ignore the side glances from the occasional bystander but it got a little too much when I overheard a group of girls whispering about us.

     "She's not even that pretty, I wonder how long it will take him to dump her". I step away subconsciously from him. His large, warm hand that rested on my hip automatically pulled me closer to him.

      "Ignore them, baby doll, I'm not going anywhere". With a couple of deep breaths, I lean my head on his shoulder. He squeezes my hip making me giggle and he kisses the top of my head. I don't even bother looking back at the group of girls, they can suck my toe.

     We arrive at the entrance to the gym and Zander lets me go. I look at him curiously, we had this hour together. Why not walk in with me? He bends down and kisses me on the lips, it was a small sweet kiss. "I just remember that I forgot something in my last class, be good for me okay. I'll see you inside". With another kiss, he turns and leaves. I stand there awkwardly for a minute reminiscing the nice moment we just had. Okay, maybe this can work.

     I walk into the gym and it's almost time to start warmups. The girl's coach gives me the stink eye as I pass by her to the girl's locker room to change. Luckily the girl's locker room was empty to I could change in peace.

      Not one to take chances I take my gym clothes into the attached bathroom and change in one of the shower stalls. In the middle of me taking off my dress and tights, I heard someone opening the door. "Evan? Coach McCarthy sent me in to get you," great, it's Angela, "if you don't come out you'll get counted absent", she warns.

    I sigh, " Okay just give me a minute, I will be right out," I yell back, suddenly conscious that I'm still wearing my pull-up.

      I quickly pull on the gym shorts and yucky grey T-shirt.  Luckily the gym uniforms were formless and hid the bulk quite well. I step out of the stall and Angela was waiting against a wall. She glanced over at me and squints her eyes. "I didn't know that you had an ass." I was a little startled with her comment.

     "I-I don't." Sad come back I know. Sweat starts to roll down my back, even before I got out onto the gym floor.

    She rolls her eyes "Psh, Yes you do. I mean come on, look at it". I really didn't want to call any more attention to it

    "Come on, or we'll miss warm-ups". I say quickly and leave. I tug my gym shirt down so it covered my butt more, I really didn't want anyone to suddenly notice my *ahem* new curves.

      Coach McCarthy glares at us both as we take seats in the bleachers. "Now that everyone is here," another stink eye in my direction, "We are going to do stretches and then as a treat, we are going to play dodgeball". Ah yes, dodgeball, a favorite pastime for bored teenagers wanting to take their petty discrepancies to court, the dodgeball court. See what I did there? "To make things more interesting we are going to invite the boys to join us".  Great! Not only am I going to get pummeled, but Zander is going to whiteness it. "But before we start the game, we have to do stretches and thanks to Elvira's tardiness we are doing 10 additional pushups. The group groaned, further guaranteeing my doom.

     Stretches were horrible, I could feel everyone's stares on me when it got to pushups. I know that I had a couple of dodge balls with my name written on them....in fancy calligraphy. We all get up and start heading to the dodgeball court. One girl, I think her name is Chrisy, sticks her leg out in front of me. Of course with my terrific agility, and over-all ability to control my body limbs, I fall face first towards the ground, or I would have if it wasn't for the strong arm that wrapped around my shoulders.