Chapter 1

Ladies and gentlemen, we have just landed at Arcross International Airport

Ladies and gentlemen, we have just landed at Arcross International Airport. Welcome to the City of Arcross. For your safety, please be seated with your seatbelts fastened until the fasten seatbelt sign has been switched off. Please do not remove your carry-on baggage until the aircraft has come to a full stop. At this time, communication...

I inserted my earphones back to my ears while the flight attendant was busy babbling on her public address announcement. It's not that I don't like her voice or what, I just prefer to listen to my favorite music instead as I glanced outside the window witnessing the mesmerizing scenery; at this time, nature is at its best. It was already sunrise and the golden rays of the sun dyed a bright color to the clouds and meadows, mountains, and valleys.

The inner artist in me is filled with excitement and I should've really brought my painting materials with me. But I'm not here to do some paintings, I'm here to pick up my cousin, Emilee, because aunt Ada, her mom, made a call three days ago and told my mom that they will transfer my cousin to a different school. And for some reason, they chose to transfer her to the Philippines, my home country.

It was already the 6th of July and in the Philippines, classes have already started but aunt Ada told me that it was just the first day of school in Cester High, the school where my cousin studies. I am the one who will process Emilee's papers since both of her parents are busy with their works.

I wonder what my cousin looks like now, the last time I saw her was when they visited us in the Philippines but she was still a baby that time, three months old to be exact. But she's a seventh-grader now, a lot of things probably have already changed.

I took a deep breath as I got out of the airport, the cold breeze brushed through my skin as my long wavy hair dances on the air. Even though I'm a guy, I liked my hair long, I don't know, it's the thing that defines who I am. I love arts, all kinds of forms, but sketches and paintings are my expertise. I shouldered my backpack and took the black hair binder on my wrist and used it to tie my hair up.

Aunt Ada told me that I should call her after arriving at the airport but I have already called her number five times and she's not answering at all. I want to call mom but I don't want to disturb her sleep because in the Philippines, at this time, it's still past midnight.

What should I do? It's my first time going here and I don't know how to get to Sirecester Town.

"Yes, mom, I already got my prescriptions with me," the guy on my right said talking to his phone, "yes, yes, I will, don't worry too much about me, okay? I'll buy my medicines after I arrive at Sirecester."

I immediately turned my attention to him after he mentioned that word, he's going to Sirecester town too, this is my chance. He already ended the call and he noticed that I was staring at him.

"What?" He asked staring at me from head to foot.

"Do you know how to get to Sirecester?" I inquired hoping that he could help me.