Chapter 46: Lord Henry Barrymore

Aviva POV

Angela lead me, Ciel, and Sebastian through Barrymore castle. I already hate this place. It's so dark and dreary. I kept close to Sebastian. Angela lead us through a door into a room.

"This way." She said.

Ciel and Sebastian looked up in shock. I looked up in horror and gasped audibly. All the animal mounted on the wall was horrific. This is horrible! Our shock was interrupted by the crack of a whip. We turned to see Henry Barrymore whipping Angela. I might not trust her but she doesn't deserve to be whipped!

"Who the hell is this chihuahua!? I told you to bring me the queen's guard dog when he arrived!" Barrymore shouted, continuously whipping Angela.

"Chihuahua?" Sebastian said quietly.

"Can't you do anything!?" Barrymore shouted angrily.

Angela's cries were too much for me. That's it!

"Stop it!" I cried before running between him and Angela. He looked at me in shock and disgust.

"How dare you interfere dachshund!" He shouted before raising his arm to whip me. I closed my eyes and put my arms up to defend myself.

"Move Sebastian!" Ciel cried. Barrymore raised his arm again but Sebastian caught it. The whip never came down so I put my arms down and opened my eyes.

"Huh? What are you doing you doing you filthy Doberman!? Somebody should train you better. Let me go right now!" Henry shouted.

"He's acting on my orders." Ciel said.

"Who are you?" Barrymore growled.

"From the sound of it you have already received the letter I sent." Ciel said sitting down at the table. "My name is Ciel, the Earl of Phantomhive." Ciel said turning to Barrymore. Sebastian let got of his arm.

"Do you mean to tell me a toy poodle like you is the queen's emissary?" Barry asked angry.

"You don't like small breeds Lord Henry? Now that's hardly fair." Ciel said.

Time Skip

"There is nothing to discuss." Barrymore said crossing his arms. "Under no circumstances will I sell Barrymore castle to anybody." He said stubbornly.

"Why is that?" Ciel asked.

"Because of the curse." Barrymore said.

"Oh, what curse?" Ciel asked.

"This village and its dogs have existed for centuries. Anyone who interferes with us will be cursed in a most horrible way." Barrymore said. He slammed his hands on the table and quickly stood up, making me jump. "Even the Queen cannot life the curse! Your mission in pointless. Anyone who acts against the wishes of the Barrymore family is destined to meet an unimaginable, terrible end!" Henry declared. Ciel smirked.

"My how interesting." Ciel said, leaning back in his chair.

"What?" Barrymore said.

"You've peaked my curiosity. I'd like to see this dreadful curse of yours, Lord Henry." Ciel said.

Henry Barrymore was fuming that didn't get Ciel to leave him alone. He glared at my young master and just growled.

Time skip

After dinner, Sebastian said I could have the rest of the night to myself. I wandered the empty halls, trying to find anyone. After a while of somehow deafening silence, nothing. No luck. I figured everyone else was with Angela. I walked to what would be my room for the remainder of the trip. I was in a guest room by myself; as was Tanaka. The servants' quarters only had enough room for two in each room. It'll be weird not sleeping with Mey-rin. Though it'll giver her a chance to sleep without me waking her every night.

I opened the door to find my luggage waiting for me. I looked around. Dark purples and blues for a color scheme. It's nice; small and not nearly as big as the rooms back in the manor, but it's nice. I walked in and began unpacking my clothes. I'm very weird when I unpack. I do everything very carefully and precisely.

I started thinking about my time at the Phantomhive manor. I don't even know how long I've been here. The time goes by so fast. It feels like I've been here for years. Tanaka is the one who's been here the longest. Am I truly going to be here forever? Is my family here with me like they were back home? I still don't completely understand why I actually am here in the first place. Remember what Undertaker said? "It's for the best?" The hell does that mean? It's like I'm not allowed to know who brought me here and why. Did...did he bring me here? That can't be possible. But then again....crazier things have happened. My thoughts were suddenly interrupted by a knock at the door. I jumped and turned to the door.

"Come in!" I called. The door slowly opened to reveal Angela.

"Hello, Aviva. Is the room to your liking?" She asked me.

"Yes, it's lovely." I said giving a small smile.

"I'm glad. If you need anything, please call for me." She said. I nodded.

And just like that she was gone. Huh, weird. I went back to meticulously unpacking and didn't notice Angela left the door halfway opened. I hope Mey-rin will be alright with Angela. I'm sure she will. It too quite here. I started humming parts of Swan Lake. I know I told Sebastian my favourite composer was Vivaldi, but Tchaikovsky might beat him. But I couldn't say Tchaikovsky in case he hasn't made his music and ballets yet. I finished packing and sat down at the tall back chair next to the window.

The environment outside Barrymore Castle was so depressing. So grey and desolate. As far as I looked, I couldn't find a single blade of living, green grass. It was all grey...dead. Even the trees. They look so delicate. As if one touch would make it crumble to pieces.

I know how things end for Pluto. It scares me. All I could think about was the fire. I remember how it all ends. But I never really found out what happens next. I know Ciel and Sebastian go after Ash, Sebastian loses an arm, kills Ash, and the manor is destroyed. I want to believe that if I play my cards right...I can help. By that time I should be skilled enough to go off with Bard, Finny, and Mey-rin. But...I think I should stay back and fight the fire at the manor. It's in the job description, remember? Ciel's words echoed in my mind. "Protect myself and this manor with your life." If I can't protect him in that moment like Sebastian can, I need to stay back.

I know Black Butler 2 is a thing. I remember hating that little blonde kid in fucking booty shorts. But I never found out what happens next. If there's Black Butler 2 then that must mean that Sebastian didn't take Ciel's soul at the end. But I have no idea how....how it all ends.

I need to get out of here, take a walk.