Chapter 38: His Butler and Maid, At the Funeral

Aviva POV

"Ahaha! Here we are, a demon and a reaper! I suppose we'll never resolve this." Grell said as she and Sebastian took turns swinging at each other. "These feelings that we have are forbidden. Oh my, it's just like Romeo and Juliet! Oh my dear Bassy! Wherefore art thou my sweet love Bassy! If you deny thy master and refuse thy name, I know that we could be happy together." Grell said. I audibly cringed and Ciel came to my side.

"Are you alright, Aviva?" He asked. I smiled and pulled a hand off my wound to show it covered in blood. His eyes went wide.

"I'll be fine, Ciel. As soon as this is over I'll ask Sebastian to stitch me up." I said. He turned to the pair.

"Sebastian, make it quick!" He shouted.

"Yes, my lord." Sebastian replied. I looked up to see them on the rooftops.

"Oh no, I'm afraid our adventure ends here." Grell said before head-butting Sebastian. "Shall we part with a passionate kiss?" She asked and Sebastian started falling back. "No, then goodnight my love! A thousand times goodnight!" She said before slicing his chest open with her scythe.

"No! Sebastian!!" I cried and Ciel stood up to watch them. Blank film reels came out of his chest.

"There now, surely your cinematic record will be far more interesting than any human's." Grell said. We watched and only saw Tanaka.

Images of fixing things for Finny, Mey-rin, and Bard came up.

"No! Nonononononono no!" Grell shouted.

Images of me and Sebastian kept playing. Dancing during Ciel's lesson, him taking care of me while I was sick, talking about music and theatre in the townhouse when we were supposed to be cleaning. Images just of me smiling at him. Going to London for the first time, waking up in his arms, him putting my headband on. Him catching me when I fell off the ladder.

"Who are these people, what the hell is this?!" Grell shouted.

"That is what life has been for the past 2 years after all." He said smirking.

"I'm not interested in your daily chores! I know all that! Come on, show me the good stuff!" Grell shouted. His record disappeared and he leaped behind Grell.

"So sorry. I'm afraid I charge for the juicy bits." He said.

"Skinflint!" She said before jumping back.

"Oh. Look at that, my clothes are ruined again. This is passed mending." He said. I laughed.

"I fixed that jacket for nothing then, eh?" I shouted up to him. He looked down at me and bowed slightly.

"So it would seem, Miss Aviva. I apologize." He said stoically. That's so him.

"You must be pretty confident to worry about your clothes right now. But of course, you know I always appreciate a sharp-looking man. Well done Bassy." Grell said. Sebastian took his coat off.

"There is one technique that I absolutely did not want to use. But I have no other choice." Sebastian said.

"So, at last, you're going to fight me seriously. Shall we send the curtain down with the next blow? I'll miss you terribly, but perhaps we'll meet again. Farewell!" She said before they both leaped into the air. Sebastian disabled the chainsaw with his jacket. Sebastian landed on his feet...Grell didn't. "What the hell?!" She said.

"That was my finest tailcoat. It was made of the highest quality Yorkshire wool. Wool is a very tricky fabric. Once it caught in something it is exceedingly difficult to remove." Sebastian said.