Chapter 36: His Maid, Chance Encounter pt. 2

Third Person POV

"Well I hadn't counted on this. I didn't think anyone would be able to tell who Grell truly is." Madame Red said.

"Naturally, you were on the suspect list from the very beginning. But all of your alibis seemed flawless." Ciel said.

"You mean you actually suspected your own aunt?" Madame Red asked.

"I was looking for a murderer. Degree of relation to me did not matter. None of the humans on the suspect list could have been responsible for all the murders; but if one of them had an inhuman accompanist that would change the game completely." Ciel said.

"Someone who could enter and leave a room unnoticed. Who could travel from the Viscount's home to the East End in an instant." Aviva added.

"In the end, you two were the only ones who could be Jack the Ripper. You Madame Red, and Grell Sutcliff. I began to look into what else the victims had in common beside prostitution, and then I noticed they'd all undergone a certain surgery at the hospital where you work. We made a list of all the patients. One, the only one who was still alive was a woman by the name of Mary Kelly. We knew if you waited around here, you would come for her eventually. But we were..too late." Ciel said.

"My darling nephew. How unfortunate this turned out to be. If you had let it go, we could have payed chess again. But now...you've taken everything!!" Madame Red cried.

Grell raised his chainsaw to strike Ciel. Aviva pushed Ciel behind her and Sebastian caught the scythe as it was coming down. He pushed Grell back and jumped back to cover Aviva and Ciel.

"What..is that?" Ciel asked.

"Grin reapers use tools for harvesting souls. That is his reaper scythe." Sebastian

"Don't you dare call it that!" Grell shouted, offended. "This is so much more than a scythe, I worked very hard to customise it! This is special death scythe of my own design." She said.

"You should know better than to use an unauthorised scythe." She said taunting the reaper. "You know that goes against regulations." She said smirking. Sebastian looked down at Aviva, completely astounded. Grell growled and pointed the chainsaw at her.

"How the hell could you know!?" Grell shouted.

"I know a lot more than I should. For example I know William will be joining us soon. And he will not be happy when he sees you." Aviva said.

"I was hoping to tear dear Bassy into bits. But I suppose you'll look ravishing in red. I'll tear you up from the inside instead! Grell said.

"You're a grim reaper, your job is quietly harvest the souls of the dying." Sebastian said turning away. "And as a butler, your job is to follow your master like a shadow." He said putting his coat over Ciel. "You have violated both of these expectations, and quite frankly, I find it sickening." He said turning back around.

"Bassy." Grell said grinning. "You wound me. You know...I'm more deadly efficient than I seem." She said. Ciel raised his hand to his eyepatch.

"In my name and that of the queen, I order you Sebastian, put an end to them." He said raising his eyepatch. Ciel's eye flowed and Sebastian's turned pink.

"Indeed, my young lord." Sebastian said before pulling his glove off with his teeth.

Aviva POV

I watched Grell swing his scythe at Sebastian. I keep forgetting how fast and strong Sebastian is.

"Ooh! Yes, please run away!" Grell said, missing Sebastian with each swing. "We can play tag Bassy!" She said.

She kept swinging left and right. She jumped behind Sebastian and raised her chainsaw. Sebastian whipped around and caught the scythe between his hands next to his head as it came down.

"But see what happens when you're not fast enough, you get cut!" Grell said ripping into Sebastian's coat. "It's more fun when it hurts a little bit though, isn't it!" She said.

Now that pissed me off, I just fixed that coat! I grabbed a knife and threw it into Grell's arm. She cried out in pain and pulled her scythe out of the wall. She pointed her chainsaw at me and growled.

"Stay out of this, this is between me and Bassy!" She shouted.

I grabbed a knife and made a small cut between my shirt and skirt. I ripped the skirt off the dress and was left with a shirt and my leather pants. Sebastian's eyes went wide. I held a knife in my left hand and grabbed my gun with my right. I pointed the gun straight at her and pulled back the hammer.

"Make me, bitch." I said. She pulled the knife out of her arm and threw it to the ground. Sebastian looked at me like I was crazy.

"I'll kill you, hussy!" She cried before charging at me. I took stance and prepared myself to strike back.

But Sebastian beat me to it. He looked absolutely livid. He jumped in front of me and kicked Grell back, sending her flying. I sighed in relief and lowered my gun. He turned to me and grabbed my arms.

"What were you thinking?" He asked sternly.

"I couldn't stand by and let her hurt you!" I snapped. Sebastian's expression softened. He sighed and put his arms down.

"You stay with the young master. I'll deal with...it." Sebastian said. I nodded and he went back to Grell.