Take it Slow

Sorry for the spam of me, my dogs, and paintings. This is all in Cas' POV, ok? Ok.

Cas' POV

I could see it, the light in Deans eyes fading, his posture slumping. It started happening after I said the Shadow would kill me as soon as I was happy, I knew that meant I wouldn't be able to have a chance at a future with Dean.

"Another case, it's another witch," Sam said, rubbing his eyes.

"They're planning something," Dean said, taking another swig of his beer.

"Dean, you've had ten beers in less than five minutes, are you ok?" I asked, scrunching my eyebrows together in concern.

"I'm fine, stay here with Jack we'll be back before you know it," Dean said, finishing off his beer.

"I'm one prayer away, Dean," I said, watching him pick up his jacket and leave.

"I accidentally brought you back because Dean was devastated after you died," Jack said quietly, going to his room.

-

Weeks had passed since Dean and Sam went hunt for the witch, and they still weren't back. "I have some good news, dad," Jack said with a smile, looking toward the front door. "They're back."

I heard the front door close with a loud creak and stood quickly. I was in the map room within seconds and the sight I saw was something that would be carved into my brain for years.

I've seen the boys beaten, bloody, and bruised but this was beyond that. Dean and Sam both had fingers missing, blood dripping from deep cuts, their noses were bleeding, and worst of all was Deans arm hanging limply at his side.

"Get the first aid kit, or conjure up your mojo Cas," Dean groaned, sitting heavily in a chair.

"Jack, go to your room," I said, looking at Jack whose mouth was hanging open in shock.

Sam groaned as he leaned against the stairwell, his face screwed up in a silent scream. "I'll get ice packs ready, there's no doubt you'll be sore after I heal you." I said, walking to the kitchen.

After I gathered the ice packs and beer I walked back into the map room. Dean was still whining like a baby and Sam was sitting out his head down. "Hurry up, Cas, I wanna take a nap," Dean whined, rubbing his temples.

I put two fingers on both of their foreheads and healed their wounds. "Go lay down with this, you big baby," I said, throwing an ice pack at Dean.

"I'd like an ice pack, but a gentle one," Sam said sarcastically, holding his stomach.

"Thanks for the beer, goodnight," Dean said, walking to his room.

"I'll go lay down too," Sam said, walking to his room as well.

I was left in the map room alone a few seconds later with nothing but my thoughts. I sat down and a few seconds later those thoughts were interrupted by a prayer.

"Cas, I can't do this alone. When you came back I thought-I thought that I'd finally have a chance to tell you how I feel. When you told us that the Shadow would take you back once you were happy, I-I couldn't help but to think that it was over. I'm so sorry, Cas, but I'm-I'm losing hope."

Even though it was a prayer I could tell he was crying. I decided I either had to give up my grace or kill the Shadow to be with Dean Winchester. I, of course, chose the latter.

"What are you doing?" Jack asked, looking at me confused.

"When did you get in here?" I asked, looking around the room confused.