-1-

[breaking news]

"Breaking news"  The T.V echoed into the house, causing a woman to rush up to the big screen along with her husband. The two sat themselves down on the sofa and perked their ears up at whatever the dramatic 'breaking news' was since the reporters voice seemed so frantic.

"Today, thousands of unknown cases have been reported coming in from the Seoul Hospital. Clients and Doctors have claimed that it might have been the deadly disease known as 'Covid-19.'"

The couples attention was turned away from the T.V when they heard their sons footsteps coming from down the stairs. The boy was dressed in an oversized beige hoodie with black jeans, dressed seeming to look as if he was going somewhere.

"Breaking news?" The boy questioned, his eyes averting to the T.V and the man speaking on it. He got no response, just the echo of the screen in the background.

"Taehyung where are you going?" The woman finally spoke, her eyes darting to the boy who was just heading out to leave.

"Jimins!" Taehyung exclaimed with excitement in his eyes. Jimin was the boys best friend since they were in kindergarten and they have never parted since. Jimin was like family to Taehyungs parents so they let him go with him wherever.

Before his parents could inform him he was allowed to go, the reporter interrupted them which caused the three of their hearts to drop.

"At this time, we command  that all citizens stay inside and practice social distancing. All will be allowed to go out for essentials only in this time that we are trying to figure whatever this is out. This also means you must wear a mask at all times when out for essentials."

Taehyung felt his heart drop in his chest, his hand slowly slipping off of the door knob.

"What do they mean?" The boy asked his parents who were sitting on the couch stunned. "Whatever disease China got, it's here now. We have to stay inside." Taehyung's father informed, his head sinking as he turned to face the T.V once again.

The brunette only was able to stand by the door in shock, not wanting to believe that the deadly virus in China arrived to Korea as well. Taehyungs lips formed into a pout as he stood unmoved by the door.

"But..what about Jimin? We were going to go to the dog park and play with all of the puppies." The boy stated with sadness placed into his eyes. He knew he wasn't going anywhere, but he still tried to hope that he could still go.

"Well, I guess you aren't going to Jimin's anymore." Taehyungs father bluntly stated, standing up from the couch which his wife was still sitting on. "You two can facetime or something."

"But-"

"Oh my god Taehyung, do you think I'm happy about it?" The man scoffed out. "It isn't all about you, did you think about how I'm going to make money? Your mom and I will have to work from home which means our paycheck is going to drop, you think we're happy about that?!" The man retorted, brushing his hair back in frustration.

Taehyung's lips quivered as he stared hopelessly towards the door. "No.." He mumbled out, slowly making his way back to the staircase. The brunette lumped over to his bedroom door and opened it, flopping down onto his bed with his phone on his hands.

The boy scrolled over his contact and pressed on Jimin's, Taehyung smiling at the elders funny profile picture.

Taehyung clicked on the facetime button and waited a few rings before the pink haired male popped up onto the screen, a large smile forming on his face once he saw his best friend.

"Taehyung! Did you hear about the corona virus?" Jimin yelled through the phone causing Taehyung to groan in response out of sadness.

"Yeah, and now we can't go see the puppies." Taehyung whined which made Jimin copy his frown. "I was so excited! I wanted to go there and 'accidentally' steal one and bring it home so we could play with it." The brunette stated, Jimin nodding his head in agreement.

"I know, but if we're looking on the bright side at least we don't have to go to school now."

"Yeah, but how are we gonna graduate? Online?"

"Dunno."

Taehyung sighed out of frustration, rolling over onto his stomach with his phone placed in his hands right in front of his face. Jimin giggled at how the youngers nose was practically touching the screen.

"But y'know, I'm really bummed because now I can't ask Yoongi to prom." Jimin frowned, rolling over onto his stomach as well.

"Ah no need, I bet he's already head over heels for you." Taehyung smirked which made the elders cheeks flare up.

"Tae don't say such ridiculous things. Were you planning on asking anyone out?" Jimin questioned, raising his eyebrows at the younger who only sighed.

"I don't like anyone at our school, and I don't think anyone likes me either. Me, you, and Yoongi are like the only gay guys at our school."

"Yeah I guess."

Before Taehyung could say another thing, he heard a loud 'clunk' sound emit from across him, his head turning up towards the sound to which he realized it came from the room across from his. The rooms window was wide open and he could see a boy around his age pacing his room.

"What the fuck am I gonna do now." He heard the male ask himself. He seemed very stressed about the situation as his hands were placed on his head which caused Taehyung to laugh.

"What was that?" Jimin asked, assuming he heard the 'clunk' sound as well. Taehyung looked back down at his phone and giggled.

"My neighbor's freaking out, he's literally pacing his room and cursing all over the place." The brunette kept laughing, his head twitching up to the window across from his every other second.

"Oh damn, do you know him?"

"No."

Taehyung looked down at his phone and back up to see the male again, but this time he was no where in sight. The brunette furrowed his eyebrows as he looked back down at Jimin.

"I think he left his room." Taehyung pointed out, addressing his attention to the window that was now closed. "I think he has anger issues." Jimin blurted out, chuckling at his own remark which made Taehyung giggle a bit as well.

"Okay well, I'll call you later Jimin. I need to go make a list of Netflix movies to watch."

"Alright have fun with that, talk to you later."

"You too." Were Taehyung's last words before he ended the call and threw his phone aside on the bed. He laced his hand in his now golden strands of hair which were lit up by the light shining through his window.

I wonder what he was so mad about Taehyung asked himself, his gaze going back to the window across from his which was still closed.

Maybe it was effects of quarantine, or maybe it was just his brain but Taehyung suddenly got the amazing idea to do something that might result in quarantine being more interesting. So he thought.

Taehyung hopped out of his bed and scurried over to his desk which had multiple piles of paper on it. He grabbed a piece and popped open the cap on one of his pens, sticking the cap in between his teeth as he wrote words on the thin copy paper.

Feeling satisfied, Taehyung clipped the cap back onto the pen and rushed over to his window. He placed the paper up against the window, making sure that it was noticeable from across him.

He smiled to himself once he got the words 'I'm lonely' pasted onto his window, hoping his mysterious neighbor would end up copying his actions so he could possibly make a 'lockdown friend' during this whole mess.

omg I felt like I was writing the transcript for birdbox while writing this 💀

anywayssss, it's only the first chapter but how are you liking it so far? i'm really excited to continue writing this and I hope you guys are as well :)