She Might Be Giant

[theme song playing]

[bell ringing]

Karen: Ah!

Doris: Hey, Beecher. Heads up.

[both laughing]

Karen: Oh, um, hi, Doris

Karen: Oh, um, hi, Doris. Fancy meeting you here while I was taking the extra, extra long way to Chemistry class.

Doris: Hey, I went to Chemistry class once. I know where that is. Tell you what. Why don't we escort you.

Karen: Uh, you guys? Um, this isn't actually the Science building.

Doris: [mockingly] "This isn't the Science building. You see, Beecher, that's your problem. You irritate me. You bug me. You're a puny little insect.

Leslie: And you know what Doris does to bugs... She squashes them. Yeah.

Doris: Why are you hitting yourself? Why are you hitting yourself? Why are you hitting yourself?

Karen: Okay, Doris, very funny.

Leslie: You thought that was funny? Maybe you need a little time to yourself to think about how comedy works.

Doris: Yeah. Get in there and think about how comedy works.

Karen: Wait. I can do it myself. That's the fifth time this month. I don't get it! What did I ever do to her?

Babs: Nothing. Psychological profiles of bullies suggest they always target the small and weak. Sorry. I meant the small and... awesome? Apple? There's nothing awesome about being small, believe me.But that's all gonna change after today.

Leslie: You need some new material, Doris. "Why are you hitting yourself?" [grunting]

Doris: Whatever. It's classic. [grunts]

Leslie: [laughing] A meathead falling on her keister? Now, that's classic.

Doris: Shut it, Leslie. Uh, ever heard of knocking, dweebs?

Mrs. Zuel: Uh, Daddy and I are leaving for the science conference now, okay?

Doris: [mockingly] "The science conference, okay?" Fine! Whatever!

Mrs. Zuel: Have fun with your sporting activities, sweetums. Love you. [car door opens and closes] [engine starts]

Doris: I gotta pump up.

[suspenseful music playing]

Doris: [chuckles softly] Yeah. [grunts] Pumped up!

Babs: Ladies and gentelman, may I present to you the new, the improved, Bumblebee!

[humming fanfare music]