The Curse of Curves

-Harry’s Point of View-

I cleared my throat and adjusted the lens on my camera. My palms were going slick with sweat.

“I have a feeling this a private session, so I’ll just go get lost somewhere.” Louis says idly.

When Louis heads out the door, I turn back to Zayn who’s standing before me shirtless. He’s only wearing dark denim jeans that are low enough to show the elastic band of his Calvin Klein briefs and those are low enough to-

“Where do you want me?” He asks while my eyes molest his body.

I tear my eyes away and force myself to answer his question.

“Um…just do whatever feels natural.” I tell him.

He produces a cigarette and lighter. He offers me one and I shake my head. Smoking has never been my thing but suddenly it looks appealing.

Zayn walks over to the small black couch and collapses on it. I snap away. His abs tighten ever so slightly when he takes a deep inhale of his cigarette.

“C-Can you look at me…um not me, but the camera?”

He looks straight at me and I watch as his tongue glides across his upper lip before he lets the smoke crawl out between his lips in a way I’ve never seen before. I take five consecutive shots.

I want to believe he’s putting on this show for me and not the camera but I know things aren’t that way. Meeting him tonight at the café was a mistake, a mistake that I would repeat if I got the chance. It doesn’t mean the same thing to him as it does to me. Maybe he just really needs the money and he’s only playing nice until I have to pay him for his services.

“So, why are we at Louis’ house?” I ask changing camera angles.

“Perrie’s at my flat.” He answers taking another long drag of hiss cigarette.

My heart sinks hearing her name. A little bit of the magic disappears and I stay solemn while I take photos of Zayn.

“Am I doing this right?” He asks demurely.

“Yes, just fine.” I whisper pushing my hair out of my face before lifting the camera up to my eye.

He finishes his cigarette and leaves it on the glass ash tray on the little wooden coffee table in between us. Zayn begins to unbutton his jeans.

“What’re you doing?” I question, putting my camera down cautiously.

“You said to do whatever feels natural.” He says kicking off his jeans so he’s sitting before me in black briefs that don't leave much to the imagination.

My entire body tenses. I don’t know if he’s purposely trying to tease me but I don’t like it. If anything, it’s hurting me.

“You don’t have to do this.” I mutter staring down at my camera.

“I don’t mind if you see me like this.” He shrugs innocently.

“I mind.” I sigh.

I proceed to take pictures. This is going to be painful in the long run when he’s gone and all I will have will be these photos. All the more reason to take even more pictures I suppose.

“Can you tilt your chin up….a little more-“

“Can you help me?” He asks with such innocence, I don't know what he's trying to pull.

The blood drains from my face. I don’t move an inch or say a word.

“That’s enough for today.” I turn around and take a deep breathe trying to calm down.

My hands are trembling and my knees feel wobbly. I need to get out of here. I check my watch, it’s 11:20 pm.

“Is everything okay?” Zayn asks behind me.

No.

“Yes.”

“Are you feeling alright?”

No.

“Yes.”

I turn my camera off and leave Louis’ house.

“Harry! You can’t just leave! It’s the middle of the night!” He calls.

Ignoring him, I walk down the cold street, pulling my navy blue blazer around myself tighter. I feel like a girl taking the walk of shame, only I didn’t even get any. What a gyp.

I spot the pub Zayn took me to the day we met and head inside.

It’s so warm inside. I spot Zayn’s mate Liam there chatting with the bartender. I hesitate joining him but I remember how genuinely nice he is. I sit beside him on a bar stool and his deep dark brown eyes seem to recognize me as well.

“Harry? Right?” He smiles.

“You remembered.” I grin, ordering a beer.

The red-headed bartender sets the beer in front of me.

“This one’s on me. Put it on my tab please, Lily.” Liam says politely.

That’s awfully nice of him. I take a swig of beer.

“You look like you’ve had a long day.” He says leaning on the bar.

“Why do we fall for people who don’t return our feeling?” I ask.

“Because we’re stupid.” He says simply.

I chuckle lightly.

“You wouldn’t happen to be talking about someone I know…?”

I shake my head, too embarrassed to admit it’s Zayn.

“How’s the photography thing going?” He asks.

“Well I guess. I wouldn’t mind taking a few pictures of you.” I laugh, downing the rest of my beer.

“Oh really? I’m quite flattered.” Liam grins, blushing slightly.

“Did I just make you blush?” I ask.

“Possibly.” He says shyly.

“Zayn would probably mind. He nearly decked me for wanting to take a picture of Louis.”

“You have a thing for Louis?”

“He’s a fit bloke but I hardly know him.” I laugh again.

We chat for a while, Liam and me.

“Harry you can’t walk home. Let me drive you.”

“Well…if you insist.” I smile.

We walk out to his black car that’s sitting on the curb.

“Liam, are you fit to drive? Weren’t you just drinking?” I ask as I buckle my seatbelt.

“Oh, I wasn’t drinking. There wasn’t any rum in my coke.” He says putting the key in the ignition.

We ride in silence until we reach my house. I sit there in the passenger seat idly.

“About Zayn….” I begin.

“I know what a jerk he can be but in the end he means well.”

“Hard to believe.” I sigh.

“Were you serious about possibly taking pictures of me?” Liam asks timidly.

“Yeah, would that be something you’re interested in?” I ask with a yawn.

“I-I think so.” He says biting his lower lip.

“Then ring me tomorrow, love.”

Welllll support if you like :) Hope you loved it! Sorry for how short it is!

Stay lovely. xx