The seven are back together

Start from the beginning

CEO of Salem General Hospital (where he met Dr. Michael Horton) which is funded by his charity the Spencer Foundation. No longer a practicing physician but still keeps his license active. Chooses instead to focus on The NJC Center and the Spencer Foundation, both of which he owns and operates. Acts as the "dean" of The NJC Center administering discipline above and beyond the guardians who all fall under his tutelage. The wooden paddle is his disciplinary implement of choice. His wife Liz works at the Foundation as an administrative assistant. Liz and Neil have no children of their own.

Stacey : Biological cousin of Julie, three days her senior. Shares a room with Julie, Lisa, and Carrie. Tall blond with blue eyes. Very muscular, toned body. Quite the athlete. Stubborn and loyal to a fault. Loves to follow the latest trends and hang with the popular crowd. Has an attitude that gets her into alot of trouble at school and home(NJC). The "bold" one of the group.

Julie: Biological cousin of Stacey. Medium height, stocky but toned build, light brown hair and green eyes. Very intelligent (sometimes too much so for her own good) sarcastic, and athletic. Has a biting sense of humor and makes friends easily. Loves to push the envelope with authority figures. Often finds herself in trouble at school and home(the NJC) The "instigator" of the group.

Lisa: Average height and build, dirty blond hair, blue eyes. Straight A student, musically talented. Gets along well with pretty much anyone and is well liked. Somewhat neurotic and a perfectionist. Usually respectful to adults but tends to curse alot. Sometimes in trouble at school and home (NJC) usually thanks to Julie and Stacey, or her colorful vocabulary. The "mouth" of the group.

Carrie:  Petite with a slender build. Light brown hair with brown eyes. Kind, sweet, and very soft spoken. Very intelligent, loves to read and is a great writer. Almost never in trouble of her own accord at school or home(NJC), but does occasionally get roped into the others' drama. The "baby" of the group.

*************************************************************************

Present day

This is the first time in five years that Dr. Curtis, Shane, Mike, Stacey, Julie, Lisa, and Carrie have been together in the same room. It's unfortunate a funeral was the culminating event needed to accomplish this task. It's even more unfortunate, however, that after the casket is lowered in the ground tomorrow morning, the seven of them will never be together in the same room again, unless you count the big room in the sky that is, but we're getting ahead of ourselves. We really need to go back about twenty years to explain how they got here today.

Twenty years ago

Mike's pov

Neil confirmed that I am in fact Julie's biological father but I've decided not to tell her. After discussing the situation to great lengths with Dr. Evans, Neil, and Shane, we've come to a consensus that my name on her birth certificate doesn't change anything. Julie, Stacey, Lisa, and Carrie have been my daughters since I first met each of them twelve years ago and they will continue to be my daughters for the rest of our lives. No amount of shared DNA will ever change that.

The girls have two more months of highschool until they graduate and two weeks after that Shane and I will be taking them on a ten day Caribbean cruise to celebrate. We haven't told the girls yet as Shane wants to keep it a surprise until after their commencement ceremony, which is probably a good idea since they've each put their diploma in jeopardy due to suffering from severe senioritis.