46th Page: Our Path Forward

Start from the beginning

"But first, I have some questions I want to ask you." (Y/N) spoke, completely shattering the tension in the air with his cheerful attitude, stunning both Vetto and the Black Bulls.

"EHHHHH?!" The Black Bulls let out a collective shout, stunned at his sudden change in mood. A second ago, he seemed more than prepared to fight, but now...he wanted to just talk?!

"If you've got something to ask, then speak it with your magic, human!" Vetto grinned savagely, his magic surging to his claws and feet, preparing to jump forward as (Y/N) held his hand loosely on Phantasm's hilt.

(Y/N) only stared at Vetto silently, before a small smirk formed on his face.

"When I fought Licht and Arran, your leader mentioned something about people loved by mana. A race with the power to rival gods." (Y/N)'s words seemed to resonate through the cavern, stopping Vetto in his tracks as he stared silently at the smirking (h/c) haired boy.

"He mentioned humans revered that power, that they wanted it for themselves. In the way he mentions it, I just have a single question to ask you." (Y/N) smirked mysteriously, though his thoughts swam all over the place. Yet, even still, from all he could recall from Licht's story...there was only one implication he couldn't deny.

"You...no, the Eye of the Midnight Sun...no, not the entire organization, just the top brass...You aren't human, are you?" (Y/N) smirked, his words ringing out like a shockwave as the various Black Bulls eyes widened, Vetto just staring at him with a wide grin on his face.

"Not human...? He uses magic from that world, so I had a feeling something was up. But...although, it would justify his insane strength...just his mana capacity far exceeds that of even Captain Yami." Ruby suddenly connected the dots, before her eyes shifted over to Vetto's third eye. The signs were all there before her...

"Even (Y/N) said the same thing...is he really not human? What are we fighting then...?" Alice recalled the Blaze King's words...just like he, even (Y/N) had realized that Vetto wasn't a human. But then, what was he...?

In the Monitor Room...

"Not human...?" In the Monitor Room, Yami couldn't help but narrow his eyes at the scene. Vetto's third eye, his unnatural magic, his immense mana...just what the hell were they really fighting here?

The Eye of the Midnight Sun...just what the hell was their real objective?

Within the Temple...

"It's just speculation on my part, but a race "loved by mana?" One that has the power to rival "Gods?" Aion said that the Infernal Witch was a remnant of the God Clan...is it really a coincidence?" (Y/N) stared at the three eyed Vetto with a smirk, his Grimoire floating silently before him, engulfed in a midnight blue haze.

Vetto didn't respond to (Y/N)'s question, only keeping up the same predatory grin on his face. His clawed Grimoire also seemed to hover silently beside him, Vetto's eyes fully focused on his ultimate prey.

"..." Vetto continued to stare silently, neither agreeing nor denying (Y/N)'s claim. Slowly, however, his lips curled into a sinister grin.

"Impressive. I'm impressed, human. But what will knowing that change? It will not change the outcome of this battle. Despair is all that awaits you!" Vetto's magic suddenly flared around him, his claws sharpening along with his talons. The markings on his face seemed to glow brighter, an eerie crimson red...