45th Page: The Blaze Queen

Start from the beginning

In the main breach, however, Noelle stared in shock at Vetto, the overflowing magic powers around him forming a vicious, primal aura around his body, creating a blackened orange haze around his body.

"The way he looks...it's almost like the fairy tales my Granny used to tell me." Noelle stared intensely at Vetto, the sinister magic around him making an eerie feeling form within her, but she did her best to hold her ground.

"Long ago, there were evil fiends that lived in this world." Noelle recalled, remembering her Granny's words as an image of white robed, grinning sinister faces flashed in her mind, and what drew her attention was their significantly sharp ears...

"They wanted to make this world and all of its magic their own. The strongest among them used a forbidden spell, turning himself into a demon and attaining tremendous powers, and he tried to exterminate humanity." Noelle felt nervous drops of sweat roll down her face, remembering a children's drawing she once saw of the Great Demon, it's three eyes and four hands flaring with sinister magic.

"The one who stood against him later became the first of the Wizard Kings." Noelle could almost hear her Granny's voice, recalling to another children's drawing she had seen of the first Wizard King, clad in his strange royal robes, facing off against the massive, three-eyed Great Demon.

"This guy...he's just like one of the fiends from that fairy tale!" Noelle's eyes lingered on Vetto's face, no longer that savage demeanor he had before - now a monster that made her feel uneasy just by looking at him. However, what truly stunned her was his sharp ears, just like the fiends of her childhood story, and his third eye, all three of his eyes seeming to shine a crimson glint with his rampant mana...

In the Monitor Room...

Yami clicked his tongue as he stood up, walking towards his previous slash as he drew his katana, a jet black magic beginning to converge on the blade.

"Wh-What are you planning to do? You can't leave this room." Gifso questioned, staring in wonder at the Captain of the Black Bulls.

"I can't just leave them alone to fight that guy! [Dark Magic: Lightless Slash!]" Yami casted his spell, slashing at the boundary around the Monitor Room, though it only seemed to quietly dispel as it came into contact with the rift from the Eye of the Midnight Sun's mage's [Spatial Magic].

"Useless, useless, it's useless. I told you. No one's ever escaped from my [Different Dimension Sphere]." The robed [Spatial Magic] user sang in amusement, his blanked out eyes seemingly transmitting his enjoyment as Yami clicked tongue in annoyance.

"You bastard! Hurry up and let me out of here, or you'll be sorry! Got it? You hear me? Answer me, you bastard!" Yami threatened, his face shadowed as his eyes, which shone a bright, menacing white glared at the mage below, who only chuckled to himself.

"Ooh, well, aren't you scary?" The Eye of the Midnight Sun mage taunted, his laughter echoing through the open expanse around him, keeping up his [Different Dimension Sphere]. As long as Yami and Gifso were within, they would never escape without his permission.

"Tch! What the hell are you laughing at? I'm gonna beat the shit out of you later! You bastard! It's too late to apologize now!" Yami punched at the wall beside him, making an indent as his fist tore straight through the solid wall, Gifso behind him staring at him in surprise.