Secret Society Chapter 3

I came to in a nice looking room. I would have appreciated it if I hadn't been kidnapped. Suddenly a voice broke the silence.

"I broke the silence!" We looked towards the source of the noise and found an about 25 year old man sitting in a chair.

"Yes you did. Now I'm naturally going to ask where we are, so you might as well tell us." Stacy said.

"You're at the Secret Society Welcoming Center!" he cleared his throat. "Welcome!" he pointed to a door behind us. "Through the door, please."

We got up and walked shakily through the door. My face was still hurting from the guy punching me. We arrived in a room with a guy in another chair. He looked up at us.

"Ah. So you are Stacy and Luke. The new recruits. He looked at a piece of paper in his hand. His eyebrows raised.

"It says here... minimum training, 7 fully trained and armed men to defeat them. Hmm. Interesting... interesting..."

We sat here for 10 minutes listening to the man saying 'interesting'. I'm pretty sure that Stacy fell asleep. I finally spoke up.

"Um, sir? We've been here for ten minutes doing nothing so..." I said, unsure of myself.

"Oh yes, sorry. I get... forgetful sometimes. I need to just ask you a few things. Number one: Are you afraid to kill?"

Both of us replied that we weren't.

"Wrong! You will only kill in self-defense. Life is a road that you will walk. When you are born, a small road starts in front of a grassy plane. You must beat the path into the grass so that you may walk down it. Wether the land is good or bad, you will decide. When people take after you, they use the path that you made. Here, we will train you to 'follow the right path'. Of course it really doesn't happen like that but I'm using this to demonstrate what I mean."

"Nice speech, sir," I said.

"Oh well thanks. I wrote that speech when they told me I needed it for my job," he replied.

"Ok, what do we do know?" asked Stacy.

"You continue training, of course."

"Continue?" I asked, confused.

"Yes, continue. The thing yesterday-" I remembered it now. I looked at the clock and it read 7:00 a.m. Wow we were passed out for a long time... "-was just a test that we give to the new recruits. They always try thir best because they do not know that it is just a test," the guy explained.

"Hmm. Smart," I commented.

"I know, right?" he grinned. "I helped them come up with that, you know."

"Ok, so through the door? Stacy asked, pointing to a door with a sign that read:

Through this door to training rooms

"Yeah! How did you know? You must be psychic or something!" the guy joked.

We both laughed, and stood up. We walked to the door and Stacy turned the knob. We pushed it open, and I took a deep breath, mentally preparing for the life ahead of me.