Secret Society

Luke POV

I stood up from the lunch table. I knew I had to get back to class before it was too late, because my next teacher, Mr. Sainfeld, was very strict and plus I had to give him one of my assignments that was due today. I got caught up in the crouwds also going towards their next class. I saw some of the students pulling their schedules out and looking at them in confusion. I smirked on the inside. I had actually taken the time to memorize my schedule.

Someone bumped into me and brought me back into reality. It seemed that everyone was going to the opposite direction. The crowds blocked my view even though I was tall. I got a few weird looks from some people walking close to me. I didn't know why.

I kept walking until I noticed a turn in the hall. That's weird, I thought. I remembered the hallway towards my next class was straight until after the classroom. I kept walking. I turned, and...

I was back in the lunchroom. I silently cursed, knowing that I was already late. I sprinted, this time in the right direction. When I got to class I was panting and everyone was staring at me.

Mr. Sainfeld tapped is foot impatiently. He does whenevr he gets annoyed. I'm not exactly sure if he knows he does it or not, because he has never acknoledged it. Weird, I know.

"Why are you so late, Mr. Cetour?" Mr. Sainfeld asked me.

"I... got lost," I admitted.

"Well I'll let it pass because I know you are new here. However if this happens again There will be a punishment. Now take your seat."

I was amazed. Mr. Sainfeld was usually more strict than that. He must be in a good mood, I thought to myself.

Of course, class passed without much incident. However I learned that there was a presentation tomorrow. There was going to be an important man visiting the school and all the students had to attend unless there was an emergency. It must be something big, I thought.

I quickly went to bed after classes had ended. I had gotten tons of homework all due next week. I of course, tried to start on it, but I couldn't concentrate. I decided to just play around and listen to music from my iPod touch(3rd generation 32 gigabytes in case you're wondering) until I was ready to fall asleep. I then remembered to text Stacy. I sent, 'Hey what r u doin?' and waited for her reply.

'Oh hey I was just getting ready 2 go 2 bed what abt u?'

I sent back, 'Oh yeah me 2'.

'Oh well I'm tired I gotta go see ya tomorrow'

'Yeah gnite'

I turned off my phone and plugged both my phone and iPod into the wall to charge. I quickly fell asleep.

In the morning I showered and got dressed quickly. The presentation was early in the morning and I had to get there. This time I did no lt get lost and thankfully made it on time. As I was taking my seat I saw Stacy across my row and smiled at her. She smiled back.

On my left was a kid who was asleep. He mumbled, "No sir. I didn't eat your cereal. Oh, this milk stain? This is from the plastic incident from the last time I was in New York... Oh yes sir it does happen often how did you know..." Ahh, yes, it happens all the time to me too.

On my right was a man with an insignia on it that I also saw on big banmers strung across the huge room. I saw a suspiciously pistol-sized shape on the side of his pants. I thought nothing of it.

I scanned the stage in front of us and saw multiple important-looking people. As I reached the the end, I saw the principle sitting in the chair. This made me a little bit suspicious. The principle usually did not attend presentations. This must be something very important.