Meeting the parents

No ones POV

Kenma woke up the next morning alone. He rubbed his eyes when he saw (Y/n) walk in the room, putting on black stilettos and talking to someone on the phone.
"Don't worry! I don't blame you for this. No no. It's really okay Paula. Okay. See you at the opening, sending my love. Bye."
Kenma has to take a minute, he hadn't seen (Y/n) look this good in a long time. And the times he had he was in person to see it. (Y/n) wore a black slightly figure hugging knee length skirt, a white blouse that showed off some cleavage and her hair was swept up in a stylish bun.
When she noticed staring she just smiled and did a small twirl.
"Like what you see?"
Kenma just quickly stood up and walked over two her in almost three steps, taking her into his arms and started to kiss her.
"Very much so."
"Hmm... remember we have roommates." (Y/n) reminded Kenma, who had almost forgotten that detail.
"Damn."
(Y/n) just started laughing at him before slipping out of his grip and slipping on her jacket.
"Where are you headed?" Kenma asked, sitting back on the couch. He shook his head to rid his short hair of the little tangles it might've gotten during the night.
"Just meeting up with my parents." (Y/n) walked over and kissed kenma on the cheek.
"Oh you're still doing that? I thought you stopped after what they pulled during thanksgiving."
(Y/n) sighed as she remembered all the hateful things they called her during thanksgiving. She forgave them for it after being manipulated into thinking she was just overreacting but when (b/f/n) caught wind of it she went off on them. Ever since then (Y/n) only ever agreed to meet at public locations and it was only because of her younger brother.
"Yeah I know... but they aren't that bad. And I was just overreacting-"
"(Y/n). They called you.." kenma stopped because he was uncomfortable saying the word. "I'm just not sure you should go alone. What if (B/f/n) went with you?"
"She has work. If you're so worried, how about you come with me."
"What?"
"Yeah. You can meet the humans who birthed me. Find out why I'm so screwed up. It'll be a blast."
Kenma gave her a kind of uncomfortable look but ended up agreeing. He got dressed only to realize he should've picked some more formal clothes.
"Should I wear something formal too?"
"Nah. To hell with that. You look sexy like this."
Kenma smirked and drew (Y/n) in another kiss when (B/f/n) walked in.
"Ok love that my ship sailed, but not in front of my dolphin." She said, pointing to her stuffed animal on the shelf.
"Oh shut up." The two girls stuck their tongues out at each other before (B/f/n) walked into the kitchen.
"Hey, kenma and I are going out for brunch with the 'rents."
(B/f/n) very obviously rolled her eyes. She hated (Y/n)s parents with a seething passion. They openly spoke about their disapproval about (Y/n)s sexuality but always would make a big deal if she stopped talking to them.
"See ya girl. We'll talk later."
"Okay, bye."
The two left and (Y/n) drove them to a better part of the city, where all the fancy restaurants and shops were. Once out of the car (Y/n) took kenmas hand as they walked. They swung their hands as they walked, (Y/n) laughing as Kenma cracked jokes.
Once they got inside, Kenma quieted down but (Y/n) was still laughing at his last joke.
When they got to the table Kenma noticed four people sitting there. Two people, obviously in their mid 50's, and two who looked closer to Kenma and (Y/n)'s age. The older man had (Y/n)'s hair color (although it was greying) and the man had her nose and eyes. The younger male had his mothers hair and his fathers eyes.
The two older ones obviously didn't like the fact that another person was joining them, but were grateful this person wasn't (B/f/n).
They gave a tight lipped smile as (Y/n) and Kenma sat down. (Y/n) was still smiling until she looked at the younger woman. She looked like a deer in headlights and the pink haired girl just smiled casually at her.
"Why are you here?" (Y/n) asked directly at the girl.
She just rolled her eyes before laying her head on the younger males shoulder.
"Oh you didn't hear? William and I are engaged."
(Y/n) looked like her heart fell to her stomach.
"W-What?"
"That's why we called to have this lunch. It's a celebratory day. We just wish you would've let us know if you were going to have a friend come along. We would've told you family only."
"He isn't some friend." (Y/n) snapped at her mother. She started glaring daggers at the girl and Kenma had no clue what was going on.
"Well whoever he is, he's very inappropriately dressed. Does he not even have the decency to wear a dress coat?"
"Do you not even have to decency to keep your kid? Oh wait that's right. You only keep the ones you like."
"(Y/n)!" Her mom snapped.
(Y/n) just shook her head, tears obviously shining in her eyes. Kenma reached over and took her hand in his rubbing his thumb against her knuckles.
"Hiya. I'm Lily." The girl said reaching over to shake Kenmas hand. Kenmas eyes widened as he realized who this girl was. It was (Y/n)s abusive and manipulative ex. Kenma couldve sworn (Y/n) said she was a lesbian though.
"Don't cry (Y/n). You'll get puffy." Her mom commented. So far her dad has said nothing, just drank his scotch. Soon servers came by and placed down plates of food. Everyone started eating except (Y/n). She was trying so hard to just disappear.
"Do you want to get something after this?" Kenma asked quietly. He noticed she wasn't eating and didn't want to say anything too loud.
"I'm good. But thank you." She offered him a tense smile, eyes still holding in tears. He really wanted to take her away from here but wasn't sure how to go about this whole situation.
"Still starving yourself sugar?" Lily asked, batting her eyes at (Y/n). She always used to call (Y/n) sugar, and let me say. (Y/n) hasn't missed it.
"Still? Do you two know each other?" (Y/n)s mother asked acting intrigued.
"Oh we were good friends back in the day."
"Is that what you call people who used to screw each other?" (Y/n) muttered.
Her mother gasped rather loudly, her brothers eyes widened and her father just took another swig of his liquor. Lily continued to smile at (Y/n), who refused to even look in her direction.
"(Y/n) that is completely inappropriate!"
"Oh I forgot how much fun you were, sugar. I kinda miss it. Maybe if your boyfriend isn't such a prude we can do it again."
(Y/n) gave the tightest smile she could. "When hell freezes over. Just let me know when you get home, Kay?"
Lily just laughed half heartedly but continued.
"Oh sugar, we both know I wasn't the devil in our relationship?"
"Oh really? Was there a third party I wasn't aware of?"
Kenma had to put his hand on her shoulder to calm her down. (Y/n) breathed in deeply and left it at that.
William just leaned over and whispered something to Lily who waved him off dismissively.
"So the wedding is taking place in three months. On March 23rd. You'll need to make sure you have that whole week off for wedding details."
At these words a few tears did slip down (Y/n)s face.
"That's the day of my release." She said, slight shock in her voice.
"Well you'll just need to skip it. Family should come first."
Kenma was just about fed up with these people and was going to tell them but (Y/n) snapped.
She looked at them a blank stare.
"Family should come first? Did you really tell me that? You gave me to my grandmother at 4. You didn't show any attempt at having a relationship with me until I moved out here and you heard what I did. I tried so hard to repair something you broke and all I've ended up with was more scars." (Y/n) then turned to her brother. "You kept him but gave me away. I don't blame you for that since you were only three months old at the time but what I am going to blame you for is everything you've done since I came back into your life. You've ignored me, called me horrible names and belittled me for how I grew up. You are just as stuck up and entitled as them."
She turned back to her father and more tears poured out of her eyes.
"You. I started drawing to feel close to you, but all you wanted was for me to leave. You've made me hate something I once loved and now I hate how much it's apart of my life because it feels like I can't escape you."
"(Y/n) thats enough-"
"It's never going to be enough to make up for all the sh** you've put me through. I keep making excuses for you because I'm desperate for some love I never got. But here's the kicker. I have a family. And it's not you. Not any of you."
"What a-"
"Don't you dare open your mouth." (Y/n) snapped at lily. "You still think I'm that meek girl who will stand idly by while you make her feel like less then nothing? Try again. I no longer, not have I for a long time, need you. You took all my firsts and let me tell you that's all you'll ever get from me. I'm done with you. All of you."
(Y/n) got up without saying another word and Kenma quickly followed. When they got into the car (Y/n) had an anxiety attack and was crying. Kenma held her in his arms until she stopped shaking.
"I'm sorry... I'm sorry you had to see that."
"Hey, you never need to apologize for something that isn't your fault. By all looks, they deserved everything they got and more. I'm sorry I didn't stick up for you."
(Y/n) kissed Kenmas cheek and nuzzled her head into his chest.
"Want to go get food and go home?"
(Y/n) laughed and nodded her head.
"So much. I love you kitten. You're the greatest thing to happen to me."
"I love you too."

A/n: so y'all finally met the family. They're pricks. Also I'm kinda living for short haired Kenma. Love it so much.