Ive missed you

A/n: sooooo... I'm officially off hiatus? Hi guys lol. It's actually been a nice break from this story, getting the ability to actually want to write this again and not have it feel like a job or having me hate it and the show altogether. Also being in my house for a week leaves me with nothing to do besides thinking so yeah. I hope y'all are doing well and hope you enjoy this chapter and more to come!

-emo

No ones POV:

Five years later

Narita Airport was jam packed with people, coming in and leaving. The pudding haired male and his bed head companion made their way through the sea of people, occasionally being tossed to the side or shoved into. They made it to their gate with only minor scraps and bruising, quickly boarding the plane and taking their seats.
Kenma sighed as he sunk into his cheap coach seat, adjusting his backpack by his feet. Kuroo finished pushing his bag into the overhead compartment before taking his seat next to Kenma. It was uncomfortable, but was going to be worth it when they got to their destination.
The flight attendants had started their safety announcement, but Kuroo was busy reading a magazine, having heard this announcement many times before. A slight tapping sound drew Kuroo from his the article he was reading and he looked over at kenma, who looked like a pile of nerves.
"You okay pudding head?" Kuroo asked, putting down his magazine.
"I'm going to see her." He whispered.
Kuroos eyes softened, realizing what the other male much be going through.
"Yeah, but it won't be that different. I mean, you guys talk almost everyday and you two are still dating right?"
"Yeah, but this is my first time seeing her in person in over two and a half years. And three since she left. It's going to be... I don't know."
Kuroo frowned and tried cheering him up.
"Hey. I know for a fact she's going to be happy to see you. (B/f/n) has been saying how excited (y/n) is to have you coming over. So stop worrying ok?"
"Okay.."
Kenma still looked tense, but placed his headphones on and turned away.
-time skip-
11 hours later Kenma and Kuroo had arrived at LAX, very much jet lagged. They had grabbed their bags and (B/f/n) had texted Kuroo saying to meet them outside the building. Kenma fiddled with his yellow sweater as they neared the exit of the airport.
"Okay... she said they're in a blue Volkswagen bus." Kuroo said looking up from his phone.
"KUROO!" A voice shouted.
The two men turned around to see two girls waving frantically. They each waved back, Kuroo much more enthusiastically, and started walking over. When they were close enough Kuroo saw a bundle of clothes and hair speed past him and to Kenma. Kenma quickly reacted and picked up the girl in his arms, her wrapping her arms around his neck and legs around his waist. (Y/n) buried her face in his neck, savoring this moment.
"You're here..." she whispered, tickling his neck.
"I'm here."
(Y/n) wore a giant smile and was about to kiss Kenma when he started to pepper her face with kisses. She let out a squeal of delight and squirmed in his arms. She jumped out of his arms and grabbed a couple of his bags.
"Come on! I'm sure you two want to take a nap." (Y/n) laughed.
Everyone piled in the car, (y/n) driving with Kenma in the passenger seat and (B/f/n) and Kuroo in the back.
"So how's your season going Kuroo? Sorry I haven't been able to come out to watch a game." (Y/n) asked, laughing apologetically.
"It's been good. We haven't lost a game yet." He responded with a proud smirk.
"That's great!"
"How's the show coming?" Kenma asked (Y/n).
"Oh... ah well. It's coming. (B/f/n), tell them how the animations coming."
"Oh, ok! Well we already finished character design and the whole layout for season 1. We're doing cleanups on it and finalizing everything before we can release it."
"That's great... right?" Kenma looked over at (Y/n) who was tightly gripping onto the steering wheel.
"Yep. Great."
Kenma frowned and was about to grab her hand when her phone went off.
"Oh, sorry I have to take this," (Y/n) answered the phone and put it on speaker. "What's it."
"They changed how Grey meets Astrid." The mans voice spoke.
(Y/n)'s eyes widened before she hit the steering wheel harshly and cussed.
"First the art and now this? What's next?"
"They also want to push the release date forward..."
"No."
"(Y/n), I know you don't want-"
"No! I had strict rules when I said they could do this. They already gave a big screw you with the art style and now the relationship of my main character. Like. Hell. I'm letting them move the release date forward."
"Okay. I'll talk to them."
"Fine." (Y/n) hung up the phone and groaned loudly. "Sorry about that. So, who's hungry?"
(B/f/n) placed her hand on (Y/n)'s shoulder. (Y/n) put her hand over her friends, nuzzling her head against it.
"Yea, lets get some food."
The four of them picked up chipotle then drove to the girl's apartment. (Y/n) felt the need to grab one of the larger bags and try and carry it up three flights of stairs. When she got to the top she threw it to the ground and screeched. They all clapped.
"Im not carrying that anymore."
"No one asked you to in the first place." Kuroo commented.
"Whatever." (Y/n) rolled her eyes and walked to the apartment, unlocking the door and pushing it open with her foot. "Welcome to our place. Sorry about the mess."
There was a few stacks of papers on the table next to the door and some pens scattered around the couch, but other then that the apartment was clean. A big difference from what her apartment was like in Japan.
"Mess? When did your definition change?"
(Y/n) lightly smacked Kuroo, but laughed all the same.
"So one of you can take the couch and then the other can have my bed. (B/f/n) and I are sharing her bed while you guys are here."
"Okay."
Kuroo and Kenma took a look around the room, it was a lot bigger then apartments in Japan. There were two desks next to each other off to the side of the couch, one with a digital drawing tablet and monitor. The desk next to it had papers scattered atop, a sketchbook open with rough sketches on it.
There were different pictures hanging on the wall. Some were from when the four were still in school together, some were from currently.
Kenma paused over the pictures that (Y/n) looked especially happy. The one where she was at the beach with (B/f/n) right after she moved here. One of her at the party for her after she signed the tv deal. Kenma couldn't come out for it because he was in the middle of developing a new game but (Y/n) swore it was fine.
He was staring at one of (Y/n) and one of her guy friends hugging when (y/n) came up behind him and hugged him.
"Heya. Whatcha staring at?" She looked over and stiffened a bit and then sighed. "That's Charles. He was um... he was a good friend of mine. He was the reason I disappeared for a few weeks."
It took a moment, but Kenma realized what she meant and pulled her into a hug.
"So where are all the painting supplies?" Kuroo asked.
"Uhhh in storage. I haven't exactly had a moment to paint."
"Life's been hectic." (B/f/n) looked at (Y/n) and they each gave the other a supportive smile.
"So... how about The Witcher and our food?"
"Yeessss."
-time skip-
It was midnight and the apartment was quiet. Kuroo was sleeping in the bed while Kenma got the short straw and had to crash on the couch. (Y/n) had been dealing with insomnia these last couple years and (B/f/n)'s snoring wasn't helping at this moment. She was prescribed medication for it but she hated taking them.
She looked over to the side, watching her friends sleeping form for a moment, before getting up and walking out of the room. She crept in the room, careful not to wake the male sleeping peacefully on the sofa. Bringing her legs up her chest, (Y/n) sat in her chair and started to sketch in the moonlight.
Her eyes flickered over to Kenma's sleeping form as she drew, finding some form of peace she hadn't had in a long time. After doing a light outline, (Y/n) started to fill in the darker lines.
She was so fixated on the sketch, she didn't notice Kenma had awoken and walked over to her. He rested his hands on the desk on either side of her, the cold skin of his arms cooling down (Y/n).
"Is that me?" Kenma asked, his voice still deep and full of drowsiness.
"Mm." She responded, leaning her head against his chest.
"Why are you still up?"
"Can't sleep."
She continued sketching, adding in minor details only she knew about Kenma from memory.
"Come on..." he said pulling her out of her seat.
"Kitten, I can't-"
"You need to sleep."
She didn't fight him as he brought them both to the couch and laid down. He slipped his arms around her waist and she wrapped her legs around his waist.
"Why are you so hot?" He laughed as she snuggled into him.
"Why are you so cold?" She retorted.
Kenma smiled when he felt (Y/n) started to softly snore against him. He kissed the side of her head then her shoulder as he settled into a peaceful sleep.
"I've missed you." He whispered before falling asleep himself.

A/n: ahhhhhhh. I hope y'all liked this chapter!! I thought it was cute. :)
I hope y'all had a good week and it's good to be back lol