Chapter 5: Hiding under the bleachers

Trigger warnings: nothing really other then mentioning of past cutting.

The night ended pretty quickly. Some people decided to keep their paintings others didn't. I was starting to clean up when (b/f/n) came over and jumped on my back, tackling me in a hug.
"You were amazing (y/n)! I knew you'd be a great art teacher!"
"Heh... thanks (b/f/n). Though I don't think I did that well... I mean I-" I stopped my sentence when I saw Kuroo and Kenma standing there, watching us. Well... Kuroo was. Kenma was playing his game.
"I'll tell you about it once we get back to the apartment...."
"Oh. Ok. Are you sure?"
I look over at the two boys once again, lingering on a certain pudding haired one, and shake my head yes.
"Ok then. Do you need help cleaning up?"
"Nope I got it. I hope you three enjoyed the class! I'm sorry if I was a bit... stiff? Or lackluster tonight. I'm just New at the whole people thing."
"Yeah except once she's comfortable around you she won't shut up. She gets violent sometimes if you wake her up too early."
"Shut up I do not!"
"You literally threw me to the floor because I woke you up from your nap."
"That was a matter of principle."
"What principle?"
"Don't wake me up after a week of moving." I shrug innocently as I start to clean off all the extra paint that was not the ground and equipment.
I heard Kuroo laugh.
"Nah you were fine (y/n)! Are you considering a career in art?"
"Um.... trying to. But not totally sure where I'll end up. My art work isn't that good though so I might just end up trying to teach it?"
"You're a good teacher." Kenma says and I blush from the compliment and quietly squeak out a thank you. Kuroo and (b/f/n) start to fangirl and get on my last nerve.
"WILL YOU SHUT UP?!"
"Ohhhhh she's yelling. CONGRATS GUYS SHES COMFORTABLE AROUND YOU!"
"THATS IT!" I chase her around the room then she makes a break for the doors.
"BYEGUYSSEEYATOMORROWATPRACTICEGOTTAGOBEFORESHEKILLSMEBBBYYYEEE!"
"(B/F/N) GET BACK HERE YA LITTLE PUNK!"
"NEEVVVAAAAA!"
"Bye guys! See you tomorrow!" Kuroo laughs as our running figures disappear out of the building and back to our apartment.
-time skip brought to you by Brendon's red suits-
It was early morning and I felt like death hit me with a truck. (B/f/n) thought it'd be a good idea to drag me to the guys practice today.
"(B/f/n) I don't see why a 2 o'clock practice requires me to wake up at 7." I groan taking a long sip of my (coffee/hot cocoa/hot tea). I made myself some (y/f/b) *your favorite breakfast*.
"Because (y/n). I want you to be alive and awake when we go!"
"Too late. I learned to sleep with my eyes open and I've been dead inside for years."
"STOP BEING NEGATIVE ITS GIVING MW A HEADACHE!"
"But (b/f/n). IM SO GOOD AT IT!"
"You're really annoying sometimes you know that?"
"Sticks and stones my friend. Wake me up when we have twenty minutes till we have to leave." I say as I walk back to my room, food and drink in hand.
-time skip brought to you by anime Castiel-
(A/N: SERIOUSLY THO?! HAS ANYONE SEEN THAT?! It's freakin adorable!)
Its after school and (b/f/n) once again dragged me to the gym. For safety reasons I went and climbed under the bleachers and watched from there. Kuroo ran up to the net and slapped the ball that Kenma pushed up.
"Oooooo what twas that?" I ask pointing to them.
(b/f/n) opened her mouth as if to say something, but then started laughing once she saw me.
"Oh my gosh! *giggling uncontrollably* you look like a child hiding from her mother!"
"And you look like the girl who's face will be my personal mural if she doesn't explain what that was."
"*sigh* ok so what Kenma was doing, was setting. The setter gets the ball to the wing spiker who, as it says in the name, spikes the ball to the other side."
"Uh Huh. I'm following along so far."
(b/f/n) explained some more stuff to me but not too much cuz I'd never remember it all. I now know the basics.
"Ok I think I get it."
"Great! Does that mean you'll come out of there?"
"Nope. My nose still burns just being in here. *slightly glares at Yaku* plus I don't trust everyone here."
"(Y/n)..... they aren't like the others..."
I tug at my sleeves a bit, pulling them over my knuckles. My old scars still haunt me. I used to have people I thought I could trust but.... they were just liars.
"Yeah I know it's just... let me do this in my own time ok?"
"Of course. So do you wanna go to that new cafe near the apartment?"
"Yeah totally." I smile at her even though it feels forced. I quickly grab my book bag and slid out of the bleachers.
(b/f/n) smile falters and she hugs me.
"Not all people are like those jerks. Just hang in there ok?"
"Hang in there like sayor-"
"NOPE DONT EVEN GO THERE! LALALALALALALALALALA! YOUR DARK HUMOR SICKENS ME."
I just laugh at her and walk over to the main doors.
"Hey Kuroo, Kenma! You guys wanna go to the cafe with us?" (b/f/n) asked once she has regained her sanity.
"That sounds great!" Kuroo smiles brightly at her.
"Sure." Kenma says less enthusiastically. I can't help but feel like it's a bother to them.
"Hey if you guys don't wanna come-"
"What? No we're coming with you guys."
"O-oh ok..."
Hopefully this goes well.

So here's chapter five! I'm sorry I'm so inconsistent with updates. And I'm sorry if it's boring right now, I'm still building up the relationship. There will be a scene with just reader-Chan and Kenma I swear! Hope you enjoyed this and please like and comment!