Chapter 4: painting disasters

My breath hitches as I see this horrible, horrible sight. (B/f/n), Kenma, and Tetsuro are all standing in the doorway, smug smiles and all. Well, except Kenma. He's playing a game. Mustering up all the courage I had, I put on my best fake smile and headed towards the middle of the room.
"Hello everyone! My name is (y/l/n) (y/n). I'm going to be your painting instructor! Now when painting there is not right or wrong way to paint. Just have fun with it! And don't worry, I'll be here every step of the way just to give you a basic outline of what the painting will be. Tonight we are painting starry nights. Well... heh. You should already know that.... god I'm rambling." I hear a few snickers around the room and immediately start breathing hard. Panic swells up inside me.
"It's ok dear. Everyone gets nervous. Just continue." This old woman says to me and I immediately calm. I nod in thanks and continue as best I can.
"Ok so there should be a canvas, paint, and brushes in front of you to use. If you have everything you need you can start painting and I'll be around in a few to see how things are going."
I dash to the back of the room, out of view from everyone, and start crying. I'm having a full on panic attack now and it's not ending anytime soon. After a moment of silent tears I feel a hand on my back. Jumping from the sudden contact, I glance behind me to see.... Kenma?
"Are you ok?" His voice is calm but laced with concern as well as his normally blank face. Just seeing someone else concerned for me makes me burst into tears again. He hesitates for a moment but ends up hugging me, which I return and tightly wrap my arms around him.
"It's ok.... just focus on my breathing ok?"
I nod and match my breathing patterns to his. Soon we are in sync and my breathing goes back to normal. As I pull away he wipes my tear stained cheek with his thumb.
"You ok?" He asks again.
"Y-yeah. Yeah I am." I release a shaky breath once more before going back and try to get through the rest of tonight as soon as possible.

Hey guys! Sorry I haven't posted anything in a while :P school wants me dead. But I will try to post more often. Sorry this one is so short too. Next one will be longer!
- author-Chan