Her "Dad".

Уukio's pov:

Sighing, I finish the papers for the last patient. My head rolled back against the back of the chair as turquoise eyes stared up at the white ceiling. The very simple design was suitable for a doctor's office but not appealing.

Bringing my hand into view, I checked the time. The thin black hands pointed to tiny Roman numerals and the light caused a faint glare on the glass. My hand falls back to my side as I groan at the lateness of the day.

Hopping up out of my chair, I headed out the solid white door. A few people waved at me as I exited the building, leaving the familiar area behind. Casually I walked the streets, the crisp night air setting in, though not dark yet. Pulling out my phone, I texted Mai I would be home late again as I continued toward True Cross Academy.

I detest lying to her but it can't be helped. Only two more days, this one and the next. That's it and then all these lies will be worth it.

Slowly I ventured the halls of the school I once attended, faint memories slipped in and out of my mind. It all seemed so familiar, as if my days of attendance were only moments ago. However, the cruel reality remains. I have not returned here to reminisce but instead to speak with the mad man running this establishment.

Stopping, I took in the sight of a large wooden door stained with a deep red color. It's cool, brass handle fit between my fingers like it's an everyday occurrence. Hesitantly I opened the door, allowing myself into the large, red clad room. The sweet sent of candy filled my nose as I walked further into the room, it's soft carpet gently pushing against black shoes with each step.

Teal eyes landed on the plush crimson chair centered behind a mahogany desk. The back of the chair faced me and its owner seem to have not took notice of my presence or just not said anything yet. His purple curl raised above the back of the chair and was visible without being hidden buy a large, white top hat.

I took one of the seats on the opposite side of the desk. It's cushions dipped down when I sat, sinking me further into the fabric and cotton. My hands rested on my lap, mindless fiddling with the buttons of my long coat. Uneasiness began to set in and nervousness filled my senses. My thoughts raised a mile a minute at the possibilities.

What if he forbids me to do this? Or I back out at the last minute? What'll happen if things go south? Will I be thrown out?

Suddenly the demon swiveled around in his chair, facing me. He wore a pink kimono and held a donut with a light, purple frosting on top. A Cheshire like smile donned his features, showing his sharp canine teeth.

"Ahh, Romeo, what brings you here?" He mused.

"I've came to ask you something regarding Mai." I declared.

"Oh? Has Juliet gotten herself in trouble, now?" He wondered.

"No. But that reminds me. Why didn't either of you tell me her powers were fading?" I inquired.

"Well, I was asked not to say anything. Who am I to go against the wishes of a lady?" Mephisto stated.

"When it's to keep her safe I would imagine it would be acceptable." I proposed.

"Ah, but then I would lose her trust. I wouldn't want that. Besides, this isn't even the reason you came here. What did you wish to ask me?" He replied.

"Well you see, I love Mai. She's a strong, beautiful, young woman. I don't know what I'd do without her. This sounds very cliché but it's the simplest way to describe it. You adopted Mai, that makes you her closest family and closest thing to father she's ever had." I explained.