The News.

Уukio's pov:

Quietly I crept into the house, trying not to wake Mai. I hung my jacket up and took my shoes off. No lights were on as slowly moved into the kitchen.

A small light emanated from the overhead light above the stove. Everything is clean, suggesting dinner wasn't made last night.

She didn't eat last night.

Walking into the living room, I saw Mai curled up on the couch. Her brown locks are a mess and she's still in her work clothes. Quiet snores escape her slightly parted lips.

Kissing the top of her head, I leave my sleeping beauty be. A yawn forces it's was out as I stand up. I walk to the bed room and change into sleep attire.

As I lay under the cool sheets, I reach over for my love. I sigh as I feel the emptiness of the bed. My eyes close and I hope for good sleep.

ℳai's pov:

Parting my eyes, I look around the room. My gaze wanders to the figure in the door way of the bed room. He holds a phone up to ear and talks quietly.

He must have got in early this morning.

"Of course she's doesn't know; I haven't told her. *pause* Mai isn't gonna find out." Yukio spoke.

Tightly my eyes shut. Hot streaks flowed down my cheek, leaving the cold air to chill the salty liquid. Shaky breaths exited my lips as I tried to remain calm.

"Hey, hey, Mai, wake up. It's only a dream." Yukio said, gently shaking my shoulder.

Hesitantly I opened my eyes to the teal eyed male. Worry crossed his features but he offered a kinda smile. He laid his hand on my cheek, gently caressing the pale flesh.

I laid my hand over Yukio's, sniffing a little. He sat me up strait and sat on the coffee table in front of me. His warm hand remained on my face as tears continued to fall.

"What were you dreaming about?" Yukio asked.

"I lost you.." I whispered.

"You're not gonna lose me, Mai. I love you; I'm not going anywhere." He assured me.

"It doesn't feel like that." I declared.

"I promise, even when I'm not right beside you, I'll still be here for you." He promised.

I nodded as a sudden realization kicked in. Pulling Yukio's hand from my face, I looked around him. My phone is nowhere in sight and it has alarms on it.

"Yukio, where is my phone; what time is it?!" I panicked.

"Charging, it was dead when I got up." He answered.

"What time is it?" I asked.

"It's eight twenty-three." Yukio announced.

"I'm so late." I declared.

I grabbed my phone, throwing it in my bag. Then I went to change. My attire went from all black to white thigh high socks, a dark blue skirt, and a pastel blue blouse. I let my hair down and brushed it.

"I called in for you and got a sub for your first class." Yukio said behind me.

I looked to him from in front of the wardrobe where I stood. He stood propped up on the doorframe, arms crossed. A slight smirk danced on his lips as I finished dressing.

Walking up to the doorframe, I prepared to exit the room. A certain brown haired male stood in my way.

"Really?" I wondered, brow raised.