They Can Never Know

******Draco's POV******

*3 Years Later*

"Ready for you're birthday gift?" I asked her coming up from behind and wrapping my arms around her waist. "Ready as I'll ever be she laughed. I let her go, taking her hand and picking up my youngest daughter Lyra with my other. I looked around, calling for my 2-year-old sons. Scorpius and Theodore came running towards us. "Are you really to show your mom her birthday surprise?" I asked them as they both grabbed hold of our adjoin hands. I looked over at my now wife, holding my 3-year-old. "Don't worry, you'll love it" Elena said grabbing my wife's cheeks and giving ber a big kiss. "Ready, hold on tight, one, two three!" I said and apparated us. I instantly felt the warm breeze as my feet hit that hand. The smell of the ocean surrounding us. 

"Welcome to your new home, I said as Hermione took in her surroundings." Right away tears sprang to her eyes. "A house on the beach" She said, more to herself than anyone else. "This is the Mea Huna Moku, the secret island, our island" I told her letting it sink in. "You bought an island?" She asked looking at me wide-eyed. "Just like I told you I would, that day on the beach" I told her, kissing her forehead. "Draco, I'm at a loss for words. I can't possibly tell you how much I love you and this and everything we've built together." She said putting Elena down and settling into my arms with Lyra. 

"You tell me every day, just by being with me. We are risking everything being together, yet there hasn't been a single day, where you haven't been by my side, completely devoted to us and our family." I told her kissing them both. She would never know how much it meant to be that she decided to stay, that day in McGonagall's office. 

We took a seat on the sand watching Ellie, Scorp and Theo play, while Lyra slept in Hermione's arms. "They can never know Draco." She said out of the blue, looking out at our happy, beautiful children. "Knowing this would change their lives. Not only are they be natural heirs to Salaraz Slytherin, but they would also be the grandchildren of the Voldemort, 3/4 Veela and, well you know." She said looking terrified. 

"I know beautiful," I said pulling her into my side. "But that heritage could make them the most powerful wizards and witches our world has ever seen and they will have to know how to deal with that, eventually. They will also have to know they are Veela's, which is going to lead to more questions, so sooner or later, we will have to tell them." I told her and she nodded, knowing I was right. 

"Until then though, they are Malfoys, and having that much veela, they will likely enchant everyone around them, so at least we know they will be popular," I said and winked at her, making her laugh. "Do you remember what your mom said that day in McGonagall's office?" She asked looking up at me. "Vividly, which part?" I asked, wondering where this was leading. "About your father running charms on you" I said breaking eye contact with me. "You've been thinking about that as well?" I asked her, relieved that it wasn't just me. 

"I'm so conflicted, your mother said they were noninvasive and they never hurt you. This makes me think maybe we should look into that, knowing our children's heritage, but on the other hang, part of it feels wrong." She said looking at Lyra in her arms. "I know what you mean, I feel the same way, but at the same time, look at where we are. If my father had not done that, I could be dead right now. If he only bothered to see you ask Andromeda's daughter, we would never be together, my mother wouldn't have fought for us to be together." I told her, trying to talk it out. 

"I know, I thought the same things. I just want to be prepared, you know? There are four of them and two of us, and they could have any number of abilities we have no idea how to deal with" She said concern clear on her face. "We can't tell them anything until they are 18 so until then the only way they can be prepared is through us." She added, making a lot of sense. "Let's way it out, what are the possible things they can inherit?" I asked her, as she summoned a piece of parchment to make a list.