The New House

******DRACO'S POV******

I whispered the password we used for our dorm and the door swung open. Life right now couldn't any possibly get any better than this. I have a sexy, one day wife, who is pregnant with my baby, and a new home, I've been dreaming of this since the second year. "Holy Salazar," I said walking in. I didn't expect to be surprised, anticipating our old dorm, just in a house but this was more than I ever could have imagined. 

Our foyer was similar in finishes to our dorm, only it was longer. To the right of our french doors was a slim warm maple bench, topped with a large circular mirror. One end of the bench had a large fern in a rope woven basket pot and the other, a throw pillow and blanket, similar to those that sat on our dorm couch. The wall, instead of white paint was clad with horizontal white shiplap, giving the long entryway interest. To the left was a closet with wooden doors, warm maple wood doors on a black metal track, similar to our bedroom doors. 

We walked further into the house, taking in the sights before us. The back of the house was one long open space, holding our kitchen, dining room and living room. The floors of the kitchen were a grey, concrete type porcelain tile that met the white walls, which seemingly continued throughout the entire main area. The kitchen had dark grey upper and lower cabinets along two walls, holding a two-door fridge, stacked ovens and a cooktop gas range. In the middle of the kitchen was a warm maple wood island, all surfaces topped with white quartz, continuing up the wall as a backsplash. The island housed the sink, looking out towards the living area. I recognized the black metal barstool at the counter from our dorm. The dining area had the same finishes as the foyer, with dark, almost charcoal wood floors in the herringbone pattern and white walls. Centred in the dining space was an eight-person glass top table, with upholstered seats on all sides and a beautiful floral arrangement in the centre. Our living room was the same as it was in our dorm, only the bookcase that used to sit to the right was now on either side of the tall fireplaces and the two-storey window wall now ran the entire length of the living and dining room at the back of the house. There were doors within the floor to ceiling window wall across from the dining room table that led out to the backyard. 

We explored further into the house seeing that our desks had been converted to two side by side offices, each with french doors and large windows. Mine had dark modern furnishings while Hermiones was bright and airy. I walked to the other end of the house, down the hall that was next to the kitchen and found myself in a laundry room. For laundry rooms, this was well done, looking similar to our kitchen with the cabinet, counters and sink that sat between the muggle washer and dryer. I noticed another door just as Hermione got to the room and decided to explore it later. 

"This place is incredible Draco, I can't believe it! We have to keep it once we graduate!"  she said excitedly. I smiled and grabbed her hand leading her to the grand staircase that we had passed in our foyer. "Shall we?" I asked offering to let her go first, exploring the second floor. 

We took our time exploring upstairs. The master bedroom, modelled after Hermione's old room, was even more mind-blogging than we thought. The room was expanded to hold a sitting area and now had a second walk-in closet where her desk used to be, with two sliding doors into the room instead of one. Etched into the doors now, instead of our house crests was a Hogwarts crest, with half of the crest on each door. The room also included had another door, holding our ensuite bathroom, identical to the bathroom in our dorm. 

There was only one more door on this side of the second floor and we hesitated when we got to it. "Should we open it?" She asked looking up at me. "I mean, I am dying to know if it's a boy or girl, aren't you?" I asked looking down at her. I knew, being her curious self, there was no way she wouldn't want to find out. She smiled bigger than she already had been, if that was even possible, and opened the door. "Hemione! We're having a girl!" I yelled picking her up and spinning her around. Tears of happiness were running down her face when I finally put her down. "Draco, you have no idea how incredibly happy I am." She said. I cupped her cheek in my hand and brought her lips to mine. She still tasted just as amazing as she did the first time our lips met.