Chapter Sixteen

Mild lay in Boat's arms in his bed. He doesn't remember last when he had been so intimate with someone. Not even his parents as they were workaholics and never spent time with their children except for communicating with them occasionally. They never stayed at home for long, only twice a year to see if their children needed anything from them. It was difficult to understand what kind of relationship they themselves had for never had there been any case of betrayal or affair. They were devoted to each other or rather never had any ounce of emotions inside them. They failed as a couple and failed further as parents.

Boat held him close in his arm, caressing Mild's hair and the other holding on to Mild's elbow which was rested on Boat's chest. Their legs intertwined. Mild wanted to ask Boat for a long time but somehow, he could never find any time. Today was when they could have a conversation and understand each other further.

"Boat..." Mild called.

"Yeah..." Boat replied.

"Since when did you like me?" Mild asked hesitatingly.

Boat sighed. He thought for a while. "I don't have a precise answer to it. It's been growing on me. I think it triggered when I saw those seniors harassing you and you kept smiling as though it was nothing. I didn't like it. It was like a fire was lit in me. I couldn't see you like that." Boat held the hand that was rested on his chest.

"Then why didn't you tell me at that time?" Mild asked.

"I didn't realize it then. It kept growing on me. I used to keep looking for you. Unknowingly, I would often talk about you with Gulf. He was the one who asked me if I had feelings for you, which made me think about it. He told me that whenever you were around, I would become a different person. I did start notice that if I wouldn't see you even a day, it would sadden me very much. The moment you would arrive, everything would brighten up."

Boat held Mild's cheeks and tilted it towards him. "I don't know how else to answer you, but for me, I cannot live without you." He then pulled him towards himself for a kiss.

Boat came on top of Mild while kissing him. His one hand held Mild from waist and the other was behind his head. Mild retreated from the kiss and he tried to avert his eyes. He was not looking at Boat directly.

"Mild...what's wrong with you?" Boat asked with concern.

He turned his head towards him and made him look into his eyes. Mild averted again. Boat was worried.

"Mild..." He called him again.

Mild was getting embarrassed.

"Mild, why aren't you looking at me?" Boat asked again.

Mild bit his lips. "I am scared, Boat." He replied still not looking at Boat.

"Why? I won't hurt you." Boat said.

"No...you won't...I know that." Mild replied.

"Then, what's wrong?" Boat asked.

"I can't look into your eyes...they scare me..." Mild replied.

"Why?" Boat asked.

"The way you look at me...it scares me...I have never seen such look in your eyes...I don't know..." Mild stuttered.

"You are scared of my love?" Boat asked again.

Mild nodded.

Boat smiled. "Look at me, Mild."

Mild looked at Boat and his heart started to beat louder. Blood was gushing to his face; his cheeks were burning red and lips quivered. His breathing had increased, and he held Boat's shirt tightly. He wanted the fire to calm down as soon as possible.