Chapter Fourteen

Gulf was an early riser. He lay awake watching the sleeping Mew. He smiled to himself. He could never imagine having Mew by his side, opening his heart to him, asking him to be his. On remembering how Mew confessed his feelings and asked Gulf to become his, he started blushing again. He admired how beautiful and peaceful Mew looked right then. His dark eyebrows, strong forehead, his chiseled cheeks and his pink lips. Gulf was tempted to kiss them, but it wouldn't be right to do so. Especially, when he himself had not yet confirmed his feelings.

Not wanting to leave Mew alone, Gulf forced himself to get and go check on his parents outside. When he reached the hall, he found his dad reading the newspaper in the balcony, and his mother preparing to leave to her café.

"Ma, pa. I need to tell you something." Gulf approached his parents. They immediately dropped whatever they were doing and looked at Gulf to continue.

"What's it son? Did you not sleep well last night?" His dad asked.

"Um...no pa...I slept well...it's just that last night Mew drove here." Gulf replied.

"Mew? Your boss?" His father asked.

"Yeah...he was feeling low and so he came here. He is currently sleeping in my room." Gulf answered. His father noticed a tint of blush on his face.

"Well, I hope he is fine. Do we need to call a doctor?" His mother asked.

"Um...no...ma, he is fine. Just feeling sad." Gulf replied.

His parents looked at each other.

"I am sorry, I didn't tell you last night. It was quite late, and I didn't want to wake you guys up." Gulf said feeling guilty.

His father got up from the chair and walked up to him.

"It's okay son. We wouldn't have minded you waking us up. But is he okay?" Ram, his father, asked again.

"Yes, pa. He is sleeping right now." Gulf answered shyly.

Ram patted his son's shoulder and went back to reading his newspaper. His mother smiled and left for her café.

Gulf went to the kitchen to prepare coffee for Mew. His father followed him there.

"Son...I am curious..." Ram stated.

Gulf turned towards him. "What are you curious about pa?"

"Well, why was this boss of yours at your house late in the night? Is everything alright or is there anything you are hiding from me?" He asserted.

Gulf pressed his lips tight and tried to look for answer that wouldn't give away everything. But Gulf forgot that it's his father who knows him better than anyone.

"Um...pa...he was kind of feeling low coz it was his parent's anniversary yesterday and they've been separated for quite some time now. He didn't want to stay alone." Gulf answered truthfully.

"Hmm...He is Saint Damiad's stepbrother? Panit Damiad's stepson?" Ram inquired.

Gulf raised his eyebrows. "Of course, you must know Saint's father. He's the Head of FA Department there."

"Yes. He is a good friend of mine. So, coming back to my question, why did Mew come here again?" Ram inquired.

"Pa, I just answered your question. He was feeling low." Gulf answered but was confused as he did not quite understand why his father was not getting it.

"I got that...let me rephrase my question...of all the people in the world, why did Mew choose to come to you?" Ram asked straight forward.

That hit the right spot. Gulf was blushing and he did not know how to hide the embarrassment in front of his father.