Chapter Seven

Gulf was surprised to see Mew there. Surprised would be an underrated word. He was shocked rather. Shocked to see this side of Mew. He was totally lost in Mew's expressions. Mew was too engrossed in playing drums, he did not notice a new emerging fan of his. The way he was focused on every beat, the way he enjoyed playing the drums, like there was nothing best out there. Gulf slowly marched up to the band and sat right in front of Mew, unnoticed. The other guests were all focused on the couple's dance performance, while Gulf's entire attention was on Mew, who at this time was not his boss, but someone who's break free the shackles of his painful past.

Once the song was over, the couple thanked the audience and the band for such a lovely and lively song. Mew was clapping when suddenly his eyes swept to the person right in front who was looking at him unperturbed. Mew was surprised to see Gulf there. Yet keeping his professional demeanor he smiled back at Gulf. Gulf could feel butterflies in stomach, his heart was beating faster.

Mild took over the stage and asked the couple to share their part of the story. The audience gasped and awed at every pause, while Gulf and Mew were lost in each other. When the applaud completed, Gulf was shaken by his mom Phon.

"Son, c'mon. I need your help in distributing the return gifts to the guests." Phon called him.

He nodded and went after her. Mew eyes followed until they could. Tay turned towards him and smirked. He smirked back. Tay signaled him to go and talk to him since they were to wrap up now. Mew declined and got remained seated in his place. Tay sighed and got back to his position. Mew called him again and whispered something.

Tay took the mike and announced.

"Ladies and gentlemen, as we close for the evening, with the permission of the couple standing here, we'd like to dedicate this song to everyone out there who's in love, who might fall in love and who is waiting for love."

There was applause and then they started.

"But this song will be sung by our very talented singer, Mew. Please welcome him with a huge applause."

Gulf immediately froze in his place. He didn't even dare to turn around, yet his ears were focused on every sound when Mew got up from his seat, walked up to the mike and cleared his throat. There would be no background music, just his voice.

"Please turn around." He said before beginning the song. He didn't call out anyone, but Gulf knew that command was for him. So, he turned around. His heart was beating faster when he saw Mew's eyes stuck on him. Mew began his song.

There's a calm surrender

To the rush of day

When the heat of a rolling wave

Can be turned away

An enchanted moment

And it sees me through

It's enough for this restless warrior

Just to be with you

And can you feel the love tonight?

It is where we are

It's enough for this wide-eyed wanderer

That we've got this far

And can you feel the love tonight? (Tonight)

How it's laid to rest?

It's enough to make kings and vagabonds

Believe the very best

There's a time for everyone

If they only learn