Chapter Eleven

While returning home, Perth saw Kenji and Derek immersed in their chat near a retail store. Perth stopped his bike nearby and sat there watching them. The atmosphere around them had changed so much. There was no awkwardness, only admiration in each other's eyes. It seemed like Kenji had found a meaning to his life. Having parents away most of the time, and elder brother who seems to be too burdened with parenting him, he detached himself from everything and became a recluse. He was there for his friends all the time, because they were the only ones who were there when he'd cry out in nights due to his loneliness. Even though Yacht always acted foolishly, deep down he always understood the pain Kenji and Mild must be going through.

Perth stood there watching the scene unfolding. He was happy for Kenji. He did not want to interrupt them, however his current situation demanded that he seek his friend's help. He parked his bike and walked up to them.

He cleared his throat as he neared them. Kenji recognized the voice and immediately looked at the source of it. He knew that Perth was to spend time with Saint but seeing him there dejected seemed suspicious. Derek left after greetings as he had his shift to continue.

"What happened? Where is Saint?" Kenji asked.

Perth showed him the message. Upon Kenji's inquiry, he informed him what happened the whole day and suddenly Saint left.

"I think you should chase him." Kenji said.

Perth was confused. Why should he chase him? Saint already informed that he left due to some emergency.

Kenji placed his hand on Perth's shoulder.

"It's not an emergency. I can assure you. When you went to pick him in the morning, were his parents home?" Kenji asked.

"No. I don't think so. His parents have gone to his grandfather's plantation. They will be back by tomorrow." Perth informed.

"Then, be a good 'friend' and go after him. Check if he is okay. He might need you in case there's an emergency." Kenji told him.

Perth thought for a while. "What if he's not at home?"

"We'll, you will know this only when you go there. And don't message him. Just go." Kenji pushed him to proceed. Perth nodded, started his bike and left for Saint's house.

When he reached there, to his surprise Saint was alone in the house, somewhere expecting the outcome. He didn't seem surprised when he saw Perth on his door. However, feeling guilty of his act, he tried to avert his gaze elsewhere. Perth was angrier but wanted to know why Saint left him like that.

He waited for Saint to say something but was disappointed further when Saint remained mum.

"Where did I go wrong?" Perth asked impatiently.

Saint was surprised. He was expecting aggression from Perth, but he could only hear sadness in his voice.

"You were not wrong, Perth. It's me." Saint said apologetically.

Perth's anger flushed down when he saw Saint's guilty expressions. His heart was raging loud. He needed to console Saint to understand what exactly happened. He moved closer to Saint, held his hands, cupped his face and turned towards himself.

"Why?" He asked.

Saint was finding it difficult to respond to him. Perth's gaze was piercing him. He tried to avert his eyes, but Perth did not let him. At last he took the risk and ousted his feelings.

"My heart starts racing whenever you come closer to me." He held Perth's hands and held it to his heart which was beating louder. "It happened today as well. When I saw you playing football, I couldn't control myself. As and when you approached me, it became difficult for me." Saint suddenly squeezed his eyes. "I know you will think of me as a pervert, but ever since I saw you, I have fallen for you. And before it gets too late, I want to resign from this competition so that you can find a better partner to play with. Someone like me is not worth your time. I am sorry, but you should go, Perth. Please."