Chapter Eight

The next day Perth woke up before his usual time on the weekdays. He hardly slept last night wondering how his day would be. They had decided to meet at 9 am for breakfast. Saint would take him to his favorite places starting from breakfast till dinner. He wondered what all Saint might have planned as this was decided in a short time. He left home early and waited for Saint at their decided place. He was fidgeting back and forth, licking his lips that were running dry, his fingers were clasped in his pocket and he kept looking down and then around waiting for Saint to appear from anywhere. He started to think if it was indeed a good idea like this. What if Saint misunderstood? What if he would not come? There were many thoughts running in his mind when a yellow Ford Mustang stopped in front of him. He ignored it. The driver got out of the car and walked up to him.

"Shall we go, Perth?" Saint smiled at him.

Perth was surprised. How much was he rich to afford such a car? His father was only a professor, no way could his father earn so much to buy such a luxurious car. He wanted to ask him, but he kept it to himself. Perth nodded and got into the car.

Looking at Perth's expressions, Saint realized that Perth must be thinking of the gap between them. Originally, he did not want to take it out, but he had no other option as he was not good with public transport and his other car, Infiniti Q70, was out for service. Perth was uneasy and it was evident on his face. Perth was examining the interiors when he looked at Saint who was giving a concerned look. Having realized that he might be making him uncomfortable, Perth changed his thought process.

"Nice car." Perth smiled at him.

Saint relaxed a bit. "Thanks. P Mew gifted me this."

Perth nodded. So it was a gift from the Prince.

"So where are we going?" He asked.

Saint just smiled and started the car. They drove for like half hour and reached to a small English bakery that served high quality homemade breakfast. It's a small shop owned by an old couple. They have a unique story. It so happened that the old man was a naval officer. The old lady was a teacher. One night when he was returning from his duty for vacations, he happened to be lost in his way. It was raining heavily. He came across this school where the classes were going on late in the night. He went inside and asked for the navigation. The teacher was angry as he had not taken permission to enter, she made him stand outside for an hour until the class was over. He stood there patiently. When the class was over, the students started to walk out to their homes. They all lived nearby. She locked the door, shut the school and left for her house. She lived in the same premises. She was preparing dinner when she realized about that officer. She immediately ran out to find him. In heavy rain at night it was difficult to see around. A lightning struck and she saw a body lying on the ground. Worried she went up to him. His pulses were working, but he had collapsed in the rain. She somehow managed to drag him up to her house. Lit a fire near him and helped in changing his clothes. Covered his body with multiple blankets to heat him up. She fed him the soup he had prepared. He wasn't opening his eyes at all. She then covered him with another blanket and sat next to him wrapped in it and kept rubbing his shoulders. It was almost early in the morning when the officer opened his eyes. He was feeling better. He was tired and had collapsed due to fatigue. But he felt he was too cramped. When he turned to his right, he saw a beautiful face lay on his shoulders, her arms wrapped around him. He was overwhelmed. He sat there patiently waiting for her to wake up. Two hours later the lady woke up. She was shocked at first and then she asked if that man was fine. He nodded. She prepared breakfast for him. It was the best breakfast in the world. Having been taken care of, he did not know how to repay her. She politely declined and said it was her duty as she had made him stand in the rain and he had collapsed. The officer thanked her and went to his house. It was in the evening, when she got visitors. The man and his family had come to meet her. That was when he proposed her for marriage. Ever since then they became a legend. They could not have kids but that didn't stop them. Since she was good with culinary skills, she opened a small shop that served delicious three course meals. People from far away came there to relish the food and enjoy the warmth that old couple endorsed.