Falling -15

"Nate Id love..." I start to say before a knock at the door cuts me off. Nate swears quietly and tries to grab my hand. Brushing him off gently I go and open the door.

"Hey there baby mama," a voice says as a hand reaches out for mine and lips kiss my knuckles.

"It's been a while," Shawn says while he laces our hands together.

I stand there frozen looking at him. I cant move or speak. My jaw hinges up and down as I try am process what's happening.

"Babe?" Shawn asks.

"BABE!!" I screech tugging my hand away from him, "Babe! You have the audacity to call me Babe? You have the audacity to be here."

"Rosalinda," he says and I flinch "I know it's been a while but I've changed I want to be here for you."

Laughing I say, "You want to be here for me? Well listen here Shawn I don't need you! I have been fine without you. I think it's time you leave."

I try shutting the door but Shawn stops it. "Rosalinda don't be like that let's talk."

"Goodbye Shawn!" I yell and slam the door while locking it.

"This isn't over Rosalinda you cant avoid me forever!" Shawn yells as he knocks on the door. Thankfully I hear him leaving.

I slam my head on the door and try and breath. What is he doing here! How can he just show up after 4 years and try to expect me to forgive him.

"Rosie?" I hear.

"Dang it! I forgot you guys were all here," I say back to Nate

"Are you okay?" Lily asks. Rolling my eyes I ignore her and start cleaning up the painting supplies.

"Hey Rosie do you wanna talk about who that was?" Mark says coming over and putting his hand on my shoulder.

I cant help it anymore. Turning around I cry into his shoulder. I gasp loudly and quickly as I replay his words in my head. Mark thankfully doesn't say anything just rubs my shoulders.

"Rosie," Nate says coming over, "You don't have to talk about it. Why don't we just watch a movie?" Nodding we all move to the couch. I replay the day and wonder what I'm to do.

As everyone left I was stuck in a state of numbness. The fact that after all these years Shawn showed up made me feel nothing. I wasn't angry I wasn't sad and I certainly wasn't happy. The only emotion I really felt in that moment was longing. For my babies.

"Rosie are you sure you don't want company?" Nate asked once again stalling near the door.

"No." I said shaking my head "I need to be alone Nate."

"But about what I said earlier?"

"Really? Your asking me about going on a date when my ex-boyfriend slash father of my children showed up hours ago?"

"Well yeah, it's just we've been getting along so well." He continued rubbing his neck

"Not well enough! You obviously don't even know me. I'm not the same girl I was back then. I'm not gonna just fall in love with you because I used to. The only one of you who seems to understand that is Jacklin." I say, "Before you try and love me you should try being my friend first."