Chapter 5: the Devil's return🌗

The club was left empty late Friday afternoon, specifically, the top floor was clear

The club was left empty late Friday afternoon, specifically, the top floor was clear. Lalisa's shifts at the convenience store alternated, so she managed to make it to Kim's three hours before the night begins.

The sun was peaking through the high skyscrapers, plunging down into the horizon as streaks of blazing orange paints the shaded blue sky. Radiating sun rays shone through the enormous windows, giving the hardworking woman a stunning golden glow. The area was full of a herbal aroma, the scent of the tea she had earlier and cut herbs, limes, and fruits wafted with the air conditioning.

Chairs were all unstacked and neatly pushed into the small tables. Booths, counters, and tables were wiped thoroughly, and the floor was swept spotless. Drinking glasses, wine, martinis, and shots, were even categorized and shelved neatly in each section. All chores done by one girl with an hour to spare.

Lisa took this time to experiment different mixtures of liquor, trying to create a new martini since it was secretly her birthday. Several rows of various shapes were aligned and Lalisa couldn't have been more morphed with the mood than the present.

She was taste testing multiple fresh and citrusy ingredients, dotting each step of the formation in little hot pink sticky notes. Making a sour face when a part didn't mix well and a sound of pleasure when it had fallen perfectly into place.

"Lime? Too basic. What about a hint of strawberry? Yes, strawberry would be a nice accent with the sweetness. Hmmm three shots of vodka? That might be overpowering..."

As she was deeply thinking, unknowingly, she bit the end tip of her pen. Soft nibbles before gradually becoming gentle sucks, tongue streaks here and there.

"Birthday Surprise? Way too original. Sovereign sweet? Smooth, but too smart sounding. Heaven's gift? Certainly I am not. What about.. Aries Crown?"

Ever since the unfortunate encounter with the one and only Jeon Jungkook, Lalisa's mind has drifted quickly from the ignorant man, which gave her an incredible head start. She terribly needed to forget his existence and her soul prayed that his return would least likely occur. She feared that she may not be able to resist him. Although, her heart secretly begged.