Chapter 3

AN: I've edited the first 2 chapters of the book so you should all check that out because they are extremely different from how they used to be. You will be confused if you don't, so seriously, reread it.

"What are they?" He asked, trying his best not to flick them off him.

"Seeds from the sacred tree" Neytiri responded distracted, her eyes still focus on the plethora of Atokirina that were placing themselves on the male dreamwalker. This was a message directly from Eywa and she would not deny it, all her training from her mother, the tsahìk of the clan had taught her to never ignore signs from their goddess. "Very pure spirits"

"Uh huh" Jake muttered tensely, the woodsprite were all covering him by now. Neytiri was watching him fascinated, maybe this dreamwalker wasn't as bad as she originally thought. Still doesn't change that he technically isn't supposed to be there and that Tsu'tey would, as Awa puts it, flip out if he thought of Jake as a threat towards her. Not to mention the scolding she would receive from her parents.

But the atokirina are a sign from Eywa and she can't ignore that. She can't leave the dreamwalker here if he's sent from Eywa. Tsu'tey and all the others would simply have to come to understand.

The strange creatures floated away from Jake after a while of tense silence as the pair studied the phenomenon. "What was that all about?" It was just one of many strange things that had happened to him today, and he still hasn't found Awa or any clues on who she might be.

"Come" She responded, having made up her mind. She was going to do it, do what her training told her to. Jake had to be brought to her mother so she could tell Neytiri what needed to be done. "Come!" She repeated louder and grabbed his arm. It would be better if they could get to the hometree without running into Tsu'tey but it was unlikely.

"Where are we going?" He asked while the Na'vi before him started running down a small path surrounded by what he would call over grown mushrooms that glow in the dark. Jake touched several of the plants and watching in fascination as the parts he touched lit up in luminescent light. Jake noted that wherever his feet fell on the ground a small circle of blue would light up, it was unlike anything he had ever seen. "Are you taking me to see Awa?"

The two for some time in the strange forest. Depending on where Jake looked he could see different flora and as they made their way deeper into the forest the surrounding changed too. The color the plants and ground would lit up changed and the surrounding trees and plant life changed. He would never have found his way wherever they were going if Neytiri wasn't there guiding him. He wasn't ashamed to admit that he was lost.

Suddenly he lost his footing as a strange rope twisted around his ankle and he fell off the high branches that Neytiri was guiding him on and down on the ground with a heavy thud and a throaty groan. Neytiri heard his fall and turned around to check what was happening when she saw the rope on his legs that could only have been thrown by one of her own. Her money was on one of Tsu'tey's band of hunters. The male dreamwalker quickly pulls of the rope that had small weights attached to it and pulled himself to his feet. He pulled out his knife when he heard the thundering hooves of something.

Jake watched stunned as 4 Na'vi galloped through the terrain on their way to him, their bows drawn and ready to fire. He knew he couldn't get out of this alive unless a miracle happened. He was outnumbered and severely outgunned. It wasn't until the Na'vi had gotten closer to him that he noticed another Na'vi, a female, riding on the strange horse lookalike with the leader of the group. Thinking that his only option to escape the na'vi he turned around but there he was met by more na'vi. He was surrounded! And they were closing in on him, now he understood what Neytiri meant with the 'Go back'. The sound of the Na'vi communicating were deafening to his ears and he couldn't focus on anything. No matter where he ran or where he turned a Na'vi was there to block his path.