Ballrooms (1920's) AU

A/n: Just wanted to explain that this imagine was in my drafts and draft number 16 was chosen for me to finish writing, it is a bit different since is set in the 1920's but if you like this type of imagine I have one in my other account that is written with a similar setting, hope you like it!

Y/N's POV:
The bright moon illuminated the grand ballroom, which was full of splendid designs and extravagant decor, but after all, it was a dream come true for many girls, and secretly for many boys too. All anyone wanted was to find who their heart belonged to, but one night full of magic could be the perfect place to make everything happen.

Heels dancing on the marble floors were heard, and I didn't want them to dance alone just for this once, but I still hadn't been invited to dance and I didn't want to be the center of attention so I waited. I took a seat at our assigned table, placing my hands delicately on top of the expensive silk fabric that covered my body. I had come here with the hope that maybe tonight was my night, maybe for the first time I would find someone; or someone would find me. Almost everyone I knew had been asked to dance, but I hadn't, and part of me couldn't help but feel resentful, it would never be my lucky day.

A classical piece started as it echoed through the tall walls, my hope for dancing tonight had almost been taken away till a stranger's hand was being offered to mine.

"May I have this dance?" He took my hand as I extended it for him to take, he took it to his lips and left a small kiss. I looked at him and gave him a nod. His presence made me nervous, I didn't know this tall handsome man, but him being a stranger gave me the comfort of starting new.

I followed his lead as he took us to the center of the floor, our eyes never leaving one another's, and it all felt like the magical dream that it was supposed to be. His right hand made his way to my waist and his left one was placed on mine. We waltz to the music as a grand smile was on his lips, he appeared to be a professional at this, and I was afraid that my imperfect steps were noticeable. He had chosen me to be his dance partner and that made me feel special.

We continued waltzing as the night continued, none of us wanted this to end, but at the same time, it wasn't. He spun me closer like he needed to tell me something.

"You look gorgeous." The handsome man said as he spun me once again, and it all felt like a dream, like we weren't part of this reality.

The orchestra finished playing the musical piece as the two of us made our way, out of the castle, the bright moon glowing on his green eyes.

"How come a beautiful lady like you, is spending their evening alone?" The tall man, who still hadn't shared his name asked.

"Well, I've been asking myself the same thing."  I replied, soon realizing that maybe it wasn't the time, but the small chuckle that came from him reassured me that it was gonna be okay.

"I still haven't caught your name,"

"Y/n. My name is Y/n."  I replied as I looked once again to him, it was as if I couldn't get enough from him.

"Lovely to meet you, Y/n. My name is Corbyn," He once again extended his hand for mine to meet, but this time it felt like he was trying to impress me, which he already had done.

The night continued and hours felt like minutes, me and Corbyn had spent each second left with each other but the night had to come to an end. He accompanied me to the carriage and waited for it to leave. A promised day to spend with one another was waiting for us.