"I'm So Sorry"

Y/n's POV:

"I'm sorry Corbyn but I can't keep on doing this," I firmly stated, trying not sound broken.

"but y/n-"

"No Corbyn, you don't understand how much this is breaking me, just go with her, you know her like no other. Corbyn she is in love with you"

"but y/n I love you"  his voice breaking as those words escaped his soft lips.

"but you love her as well," I said looking down at the floor ashamed of everything that was happening. Finally realizing that this might be the last time, that I see those beautiful green eyes, as well as the last time that I see him.

He stayed silent for a couple of seconds, letting my words to sink in.

"y/n just give me some time to think about it," he pleaded.

"No, Corbyn you already had your chance, and I don't want to be your second best, I want to be with you because you know that this is what you want and because there's no one else that you love."

"Y/n I can talk to her, and explain everything so I can be with you, she won't be that broken its not like we are even dait-" Don't please don't say it.

I interrupted him. "Once again Corbyn no, you will break her heart and I don't want to be the reason behind it, I will rather be heartbroken than feeling guilty over a broken heart, and please don't say that you don't love her because I know that you do."

"Y/n?" someone pulled me out of my thoughts. The familiar voice sending chills all over my body.

Looking in front of me, there he was standing, in my front door, years later and he was standing there, the person that I have loved the most.

Looking down at my feet I responded. "Hey...." it came out as an insecure whisper, his presence making me nervous.

"What are you doing here?" I finally looked up to his eyes, remembering why did I once fell in love with them.

"I'm so sorry" his green eyes completely expressing sincerity.

"but why now?" I directly asked, knowing that every second with him will remind me why was I in love with him.

"because today I recognized your pain in my daughter's eyes" every single word made me surprised. Not that I didn't know about his life, because yes he was married and he has a 16-year-old daughter but I didn't expect this coming.

"oh" was what I was able to say. I thought that I would never see him again, and him standing in front of my front door wasn't helping, his presence was still making me nervous.

He looked at me for a couple of seconds, waiting for me to tell him something else, but nothing came to my mind making me feel guilty. He then decided to make his way to his car.

"Corbyn?" I called.

Turning around he responded. "Yes?"

"I'm happy for you, I'm happy that you married her and I'm glad about your daughter-"

"Thank you y/n" he smiled. His eyes softening at my words. "Thank you," he said once again and with that, he left me standing there in my front door at the middle of the night. I was really grateful for this guy.

With him I experienced love, real love...but I can't help and wonder what would have happened if he chose me over her. I guess it just wasn't right for me to find out, I guess I'm standing right here for a reason.