Stranger

A/n: I saw this somewhere on the internet, and I loved it and thought that it was a great story to actually write it as an image, if this is yours please let me know xx

Y/n's Pov:
6:00 p.m and he hasn't arrived yet. I was waiting for Hunter to come for dinner and it was getting pretty lonely, all I was hoping for it was for him to show up at the restaurant, or even just a text apologizing. I rather for him to be really late than for him to not arrive.

I look at my surroundings, watching people arrive as well as leaving, making me feel weird. I mean don't blame me, I was at a restaurant, alone and without a meal or anything-

"Hey Miss, do you want to order, now?" The waitress asked again, offering me a kind and warm smile.

"I'm waiting for someone, but thank you" I said for what it seemed like the million time. I tried not to sound too disappointed though, I didn't want to leave the waiter hanging.

"The number you just called is not answering calls at the moment, please try by calling later" I hear the machine say once again, frustration coming all over me. It was the fifth time I had called Hunter, he hasn't answered any of my calls either messages.

I sighed, I was losing my patience.
I decided that it was time for me to go back home. I grabbed my bag and phone, until I felt someone's presence. Annoyance and happiness rushing through my body, finally, Hunter was here...

"Hey babe, I'm so sorry that I'm late, traffic is crazy right now" I noticed something different in his voice like it wasn't him talking. I looked up, and noticed that he wasn't Hunter. He was quite cute though, blonde hair, blue eyes, and a beautiful and contagious smile.

"Wait- umm" I said really confused. Maybe he messed up and thought that I was someone else?-

"I'm Corbyn" he said.

"Just follow the lead" he whispered with a wink following his words.

"Oh! And by the way whoever that decided to not show up is an asshole, I mean how could he leave a beautiful girl here, alone?" He said, making me smile.

"So what's your name?"

"Y/n"

"Cute name" he smiled. Making my cheeks heat up a bit.

"So y/n, what will you like to order in this lovely evening?" He asked looking over at the menu, there was something about him that made me really happy. He wasn't insecure about himself at all, and I liked that.

"Hm, I'm not quite sure yet, what about you, Corbyn?" I asked with a brow raised.

"I was thinking about Penne Alla Vodka, kinda feeling fancy tonight" there was just something about the way he said it that he made it feel as if I had known him for years now. 

"Then I'll guess I will have the same" I said closing the menu as I looked up at him, catching him looking at me, he was smiling and it made me feel happy.

We had a full on conversation, I felt comfortable talking to him, and I think he felt the same way towards me.

The paycheck came and I took it, a bill heading it towards the waiter.

"Hey- no, I'm going to pay" Corbyn quickly pulled my hand away.

"What? no. You literally rescued me from my date not showing up. It's the least that I can do" I said.

"Nope, just think it in the way that I'm your date tonight, and that I took you out okay?" He smiled at me, a couple seconds later it was already paid, I wasn't even quite sure when did he give the money to the waitress, it was all in a really fast movement.

We both headed out of the building with some big smiles plastered in our faces of satisfaction.

"So, um- I was wondering if I could have your number?" He asked sweetly.

"Of course!" I exclaimed.

We exchanged numbers and said goodbye, each one parting its own way.

That moment was when it hit me, I just had dinner with a complete stranger. A really cute and sweet stranger if I may add.

But sometimes what you expect from someone important and close to you, you get it from a stranger. I wish that I can keep in contact with him and get to know him well because people like him don't come up that often.