Chapter 33 - Why Aiden?

I had never felt such despair in my life before, that too being in the arms of the one I loved so much. i couldn't even comprehend what was happening with me - I was well on my way to be with my parents and then Aiden had to come and ruin everything.

I felt Adrian's eyes on me the entire time my other mate had me in his arms, but couldn't feel at all what was going on in his mind as he watched Aiden talking to me and then whisking me away from all of them. I couldn't even mind-link him, something I was doing just moments ago.

It made me realise that I might still be capable of mind-linking, but Adrian could not respond.

It scared me.

"Cynthia, my love," Aiden spoke, kissing my hair as I remained limp in his arms, not able to see where he was taking me, "I'm going to take you far away from here so that those evil wolves are never able to reach you and take you away from me."

I wanted to snort.

I was breathing slowly. My hopes of ever being rescued and taken back to my parents was diminishing slowly. I knew that Aiden would never take me to them and I would die before letting him come near any of them. 

I wondered if I would ever be able to get back home, and finally lead the peaceful life that I had always wanted.

I was so weak, I could only wrap my arms around his neck to prevent myself from falling - I couldn't trust him to hold on tight to me; I didn't want to fall down, break my neck and die.

He found that gesture loving while I could only think about how desperately I wanted to go back to my parents and just go home, be among the humans and live simply and peacefully. I didn't want fucking love - no loving husband, children or a white picket fence.

I could just adopt children and dogs and cats and all the animals.

I just didn't want to ever be in such a situation again. I didn't want to give my heart away to a man and get it back only for it to be in pieces.

Aiden was still talking to me, "I knew that they would try to turn you against me, against us vampires, again. Look what happened - for one night, I let you sleep alone and you managed to wreck my entire life - everything I worked for. I don't even have your love for myself anymore, despite me being so devoted to you."

I stared at his face, the only thing that was really visible to me right then. And I could see the sinister rage that had overtaken his handsome features - his hold on me tightening. 

It was unbelievable I could still see the gorgeous man I fell in love with, and hated how I felt for him.

I was not supposed to feel this way. He was not supposed to still make me feel this way.

"Now, I'm not going to let you go. Thankfully for me, you were foolish enough to heal all those chained bastards and now you're weak enough for me to take you away without you fighting me off every step of the way. You don't know how much it had turned me on when I saw you fight off everyone back there. You are so beautiful, so strong and you're all mine. I thank Moon Goddess for giving me a second chance with a woman like you - you can not only fulfill all my desires but you can make me stronger with your blood."

Oh no. I hated this. Tears pricked my eyes.

"Aiden," I murmured, fire burning in my eyes.

"Yes, my love," he looked down at me lovingly.

"I hate you." I gritted out, wanting him to feel that I was not on the same page as him.

I didn't want to go with him anywhere, and if he had loved me enough, he would have let me go.