Adrian Wolfe: Misunderstandings

I had expected this to happen: a rebellion, a huge group of people calling me stupid for not marking my mate and giving her the throne. It was the same group of people that had advised me to marry a suitable woman because the Kingdom needed a queen.

I have always known that a crowd is supposed to be fickle – but never did it hurt me to such an extent before. All the people of this kingdom were calling me names as if I hadn't been serving them since decades and working hard for their sake.

And why, for not leaving a woman who was in a vulnerable state and had been a help to me as well as the entire Kingdom when we did need her? In the beginning, she had done her best to win the hearts of these very people even when she knew she would never be able to take place of the real Luna Queen. She had tried her best to fulfill her role to the throne. In the beginning, she had expected nothing in return.

And they were calling her names as well, now.

Hans had called the Luna Queen and Prime, and it had been a sight to see when I had been staring from afar as she, my Moon, stood protectively in front of Liana. Liana's courage was admirable as well; she had handled the situation in a way quite fitting for a Luna Prime, and had explained things to the people I could not have explained.

But the moment she saw Jaxon, he courage shattered. It just told how huge the misunderstanding between the couple was, and that it was going to take some time, and lots of efforts on Jaxon's side, for undoing all the damage.

My eyes were back - trained on my Queen the moment she stood in front of Liana. I even knew where she was hiding all this time – all of my senses were attuned to hers and I felt it deep in my soul every time she was around me. It was this all-consuming feeling that I had always imagined and craved for since I was a teen, and I could pin-point to where her scent was coming from and where I could feel her scent the strongest.

If Delia hadn't been near me, I could have trapped her with how desperately I wanted her with me. Delia was shaken due to the rebellion, and even though I had asked her to stay back home countless times, she wanted to come to watch and listen to all the names that people had been calling her.

I wished that I didn't have to feel conflicting emotions when I thought about my mate, that I could have felt all of that without feeling any kind of guilt or regret that came along with it. I sometimes even wished that I was a man with no conscience, so it wouldn't have been difficult for me to be around my mate all the time. I would just send Delia her way, pay for child support, make sure she lived in luxury, and that I had a happily ever after with my mate.

Moon wasn't feeling the same way, it seemed.

The moment her eyes met mine, I knew she was furious. When she was talking, I could see the little frown marring her face when Malcolm talked to her. I was extremely pissed at that man – I had expected him to be the one to understand my dilemma but it seemed like he was the one who had instigated everyone against me. He should have understood my situation, especially after how I had explained to him everything the other day.

I could only watch as Moon and Liana handled the matter and asked for some time so that Moon could get acclimatized to her new identity.

When the matter settled down, I could see how very quickly, Moon and Liana tried to escape.

But this time, Jaxon and I were prepared.

We chased the girls down and when Liana was finally away with Jaxon, I decided to torment my mate a little.

My gorgeous, sexy, powerful Queen.

It was surprising how she could run faster than most wolves in her human form and it gave me just the explanation I needed of how I was different from most wolves even when I was a child. Even my human form was strong enough to take down a grown wolf and I prided myself for that. Everything she did, I was intensely attracted to her – it turned me on. She only needed to breathe, for Goddess's sake. Every time I learned a new thing about her, my love for her grew and so did my longing to have her by my side.