Chapter 32 - Silver

As the author, I'll be very honest here. This story is a cliche when it comes to love triangles.

Adding another fact - I hate love triangles. I believe strongly that if you really love one person as much as you claim to do, you don't develop feelings for another. He/she doesn't even stand a chance.

You'll either never find love-triangles in my stories, or it would be pathetically obvious that the third one has absolutely no chance. I like my heroines smart and not so dense so they don't really lead on other men apart from the ones they like.

I made an exception here because I had made Adrian to be worse than I wanted him to be. I'm facing a similar kind of issue in Love Is Not Enough and that is why I'm going to rewrite that entire thing. I don't want a love triangle in that story.

Aiden was not supposed to be in the picture ever. The story had been a lot different than I first planned it. But yeah, Aiden was needed as the story progressed so I had to introduce him.

So, sorry Aiden-Cynthia shippers. But Aiden was supposed to be bad. Or he would have to be killed sometime for her to end up with Adrian and I hate killing my characters.

*************************************

My question had dimmed the feeling of victory that was coursing through everyone and now started a frantic search for the man who was my mate as well as our enemy. All the cheers and howls had died down and a feeling of dread loomed over all of us. How could I forget about his presence, his existence? Now just because I couldn't keep track of him when I went insane, everyone was worried again, wondering what he was up to.

Even though he was probably the only one left now, no one knew what kind of danger he could bring on us. Even though I couldn't exactly hear anybody's thoughts, I knew they were all worried about me.

Not only I was his mate - the one he would be after with a vengeance, but I was the weakest at the time too. There was no way I could defend myself when my limbs felts like noodles and I wasn't in control of my body.

Adrian was standing in front of me, all mighty and masculine, half-clothed. "You are going back to the Werewolf Kingdom with Liana." He commanded me.

"Yes." I answered him without missing a beat.

He looked slightly surprised that I was complying. I raised a brow at him, "Do you really think I want to sit here and search for that man?" I paused for a moment but answered the question myself, "No." I said firmly and shook my head, "I want to be where my parents are at the moment. I'm not going to be stupid and insist to stay here. And..." I took in a deep breath, "I don't want to see him anymore. I am already very weak and feel useless, so I would be of no help if I remained here."

Adrian's eyes softened and he pulled me into an embrace, again, making me crave his kisses again. I melted into him, taking all the comfort that I could get from him. My mind was in shambles, but at least I felt better.

I didn't know if I could go back to Adrian after everything that happened to me. Even if Delia hadn't been in the picture, I wouldn't have crawled back to him. I had too much self-respect for that and my heart wasn't ready for it to be tortured more than it already was. I had no plans for the future at the moment; I wanted to go to my parents and make up for all the time that was lost.

My world had been turned upside down once again and I hadn't wrapped my head around it. I was thankful that I had been gifted with such strong instincts and two guiding inner voices to get me out of all of this as unscathed. My normal human brain had turned numb from all of this and I wondered for a moment if I needed therapy.