Chapter 3: Garuda Citidom - Act. 2 - 4

Start from the beginning

Finally the only enemy left was the Metal Ogre. The warmechs began to lock on Universe's position and then afterward its back opened, revealing a missile that immediately launched and eventually destroyed the building where Universe was currently positioned. Universe rallied back with Lox and Bass as the Metal Ogre finally recovered from being staggered. It violently launches its left arm to attack the me-reet first, forcing him to use Harmonize and draw out his Gunblade and blocked the enemy's attack however the impact was still very powerful that the punch sent the me-reets entire body towards the wall. Bass's previous attack and constant use of his gunblade to blocking enemy projectiles, he overheated his Gunblade and was forced to revert to Desolate mode. This didn't stop the mercenary to attack the enemy, using his Zweihander Buster Blade, he slashed the Metal Ogre's right arm but the warmech just ignored such strike and proceeded to grab him instead. Bass was flexible enough to avoid being caught by its massive hand. Universe continued to attack its left arm preventing it from using both hands. Lox was able to recover from the attack and went back to aid the two. Lox compliments the warmechs power and thought that they would be having difficulty with defeating it. Universe was able to come up with a plan and informs the me-reet to try and distract the Metal Ogre by letting it use its arm, while the warmech will be busy trying to grab the two, the soldier-knight will force it to launch another missile, and so Lox proceeded to attack the left arm as he yelled at Bass --who was still avoiding the other arm-- to not falter with his current situation. The Metal Ogre that was dealing with the two, noticed the soldier-knight who was heading towards another rooftop. The warmech once again locked its sight on Universe but the soldier-knight was already prepared to attack the massive automaton. Universe leaped to the air as high as he can, afterward began freefalling that made it difficult for the Metal Ogre to lock on to him. The warmech was finally able to fix it target on the soldier-knight but it was already too late. Universe activated Harmonize; combining his Knight Lance and his Behemoth Gatling Gun to form his gunblade. He prepared his stance; ready to strike the enemy below as his freefall gave him enough momentum to increase his power but the soldier-knight didn't end just there. Magika slowly surges from his right hand currently enveloping his gunblade and eventually became visible to his entire body as he continued to charge downwards. The gunblades tip pierced through the missile pod located at the back of the warmech and afterward, he continued to pass through its body. The three immediately moved away from the Metal Ogre that slowly fell to the ground, losing its power. Universe was able to hit its main circuit, defeating the enemy in the process. The three gathered together as they stand above the fallen warmech, however, the thought of them proceeding fleeted away as the western gate was still closed, and to make matters worse, another batch of Solarian and Garuda Troops are heading towards the western area but this time they are accompanied by Garudas own Soldier-Knights and along with it are three Metal Ogres; one of which is an air-type. Still exhausted from their battle, Universe strongly suggested that they need to escape, Lox --who was still recovering from the damage dealt by the Metal Ogre-- started asking the mercenary leader if he knew a way for them to escape, the two who were out of options started to rely on the mercenary leader. Considering that he was a local of the place Bass, was only left with a single choice, and so the mercenary leader suggested that they headed east, where the Freedom-for-Hire hideout is located. Lox and Universe agreed as they doubled their pace while avoiding their enemies by going to the northwestern part of the citidom.

Enemy troops finally arrive at the area only to find out that what they were pursuing was already long gone

Enemy troops finally arrive at the area only to find out that what they were pursuing was already long gone. One of the enemy soldier-knights looks at the still closed and intact west gate and eventually noticed a hole on one of the walls that are located farther on his right side. He then suspects that the fugitives are still within the citidom, and so the enemies divided themselves into four groups. One of these groups formed a search unit and started spreading across the entire area of Garuda while the remaining three guarded all the gates of the citidom. The tirelessly look for the group of Lox, using every means, even the security cams of the enemy failed to detect them after they exited the blocking wall they passed through. The three mysteriously disappeared, and their traces were no longer verified. The enemy soldier-knight could not believe the negative reports coming from the searching unit, yet he was still convinced that they never left the citidom yet and so he began to mobilize the Metal Ogres to used their heat sensor to detect any possible hiding area. One of the Metal Ogres passed through the eastern section and began using its sensor to detect the place, unfortunately for the warmech the entire place is rigged with a jamming device that disrupts its sensor; making the place free of the presence of the fugitives. A while ago Bass contacted Cid to give them a safe passage heading towards the hideout and in just a few minutes, he was able to provide them a route leading towards one of their secret passage near the northwestern part of the citidom while disabling the security cams at the same time. The three moved with haste and were able to escape from the western area through the passage provided to them by the mercenary group's intelligence head. After exiting through the secret passage they finally arrived at the entrance of the junk shop soon they immediately went inside the hideout.

Within the hideout, Bass asked if his Black Chocobo, Tempo arrived safely within the forest near the outskirts of the citidom, and Cid responded with ease, that his avian partner is well and safe; pointing at his tracking device. Awhile back Cid saw the three rushing towards him, seeing that the seeing that their leader is in trouble, he didn't bother asking, instead helped them get inside the basement floor where the main hideout is located, masking above is a junk shop store. Cid leads them below and the leader was promptly greeted by the younger members of the Freedom-for-Hire that were excluded from the reclamation mission. Cid informs them that the entire Garuda Citidom is on a lockdown state, and the three are advised to stay inside the hideout for the entire duration of the day. Seeing Cid's point, they opt to stay for a while until they can cultivate an escape plan. The young members began to stare at Lox and Universe, as they were unfamiliar with the two. Bass took notice of this and so he began to introduce them to the rest of the Freedom-for-Hire members. First to be introduced was Universe, and the soldier-knight continued after Bass he told them that he is a former General of Corona Citidom. The male members of the group were astonished of his size and armor. Next was Lox who reveals that he was the Me-Reet of the now re-establishing Corona Citidom. Without a shadow of a doubt the young me-reet instantly became popular with the female members. The crowd slowly gather in front of them trying to compliment their characters but were prevented by Bass and allowed the two to get some time to rest. The two took the offer and unwind themselves, as Lox sits back on a sofa that's adequate for his worn-out body. While sitting the me-reet felt his eyes getting heavy and so he fell asleep.

During his slumber, Lox began to dream, and once again the same events were being played, Eve decimates Eden after the Prime-Magi destroyed each of the Pillar, but after all the same dream sequence being rendered to him, a different event began to manifest its event. As Eve was about to consume the entire planet a vibrant green light began to shimmer from afar and as it came close to the planet, it drove Eve's dark purple light away from the planet. Lox began to look closer on the defending light, he noticed that it was a female spirit that's trying to push Eve as the two attempts to exceed each other. The female spirit noticed Lox and called at him telling him that Eve's power is far greater than hers, as she begs for the me-reet to protect the Pillar at all cost. After saying this a huge shadow suddenly lurks behind Lox, it was the Prime-Magi himself who was slowly raising his right hand while taunting at the me-reet that his fate is sealed and he is bound to fail. As the Prime-Magi was about to crush him, Lox screamed that surprised everyone within the hideout. Feeling embarrassed with what he just did, he humbly apologizes while keeping his head down due to his awkward position. Bass and Universe went to check on his situation for they knew what the me-reet has undergone and are aware of the enemy that gave him the trauma that he has.

Having no time to waste, Cid summoned the three to his computer laboratory. After they gathered, Cid informs them that he was able to gain information about the Moogle Statues and the divine beings called Adams. Lox could not believe what he just heard, as Cid mentions a word that was supposed to be exclusively disclosed to Universe and Bass by him.