Bonus (Runaan POV)

Runaan panted, holding onto his side and he approached the balcony. He fell against a door, before pushing himself off and reaching for an arrow, a special red arrow with the arrowhead in the shape of a Xadian bird. This was to deliver the message to the Queen of the Dragons. 

The binding he spoke so highly of, once a gleaming silver, turned blood red and became loose, falling from his arm.  He gazed at it, wondering if all the death he just witnessed was worth it as your voice echoed in his head.

"Runaan, your pride and bind are not worth a war over!"

In the light of the moon, that was there to both witness his peak of his strength and his last moments, he couldn't help but remember you.

"You stood up to him, your head held high,'Do not go down this path, Runaan. It will lead to your downfall.'" 

He shook his head of those thoughts, it was far too late to regret. 

He quickly and firmly tied and fastened the binding around the arrow before aiming it towards the night sky. 

He yelled out, "Regina draconis!" before releasing the arrow. 

He watched as the arrow became a blood red bird of smoke. The creature let out a screech as it spread its wings, flying high above. At this, his mission was over and he let his head drop down. Images of you and others he has cared about filled his head. This small moment of bliss was interrupted as he felt a sword pointed at him and vile human guards surround him.

"Finish this." He said unwavering as your smile flashed through his mind.

The young soldier he previously fought against, raised his sword, "My pleasure."

"No. We can find more... practical uses for this one," a new voice came through and Runaan could feel her eyes glare into him.

"Tie him up," she said bitterly.

Do you see now, (Y/N)? He thought calmly, his eyes soaking in the beautiful view in front of him, Humans are monsters.

As he was forcefully pulled backward towards what he could only assume would be worse than death, he looked towards the forest with a firm resolve.

"As you ran past him with one of the human princes, you locked eyes with him. 'Be safe.' you begged with your eyes."

I'm sorry, (Y/N), He thought as he was dragged back into the castle roughly, I cannot promise you that.