o n e

the men were not safe. 

they took him to a white room, with white walls and nothing but a white bed. they tied him up and hurt him. then... jisung couldn't remember. everything was so hazy and painful. 

he tried to move, but he could feel that he was still bound. he tried to open his eyes... but it took too much energy. jisung felt like he was drowning...

then everything went black.

that was the only memory jisung would ever have.

\\\

{8 years later}

4 teenagers woke up for the first time in 3 years.

jisung groaned in pain. where was he? who was he...? everything felt different and awkward and cold. 

"who are you guys? who am... i?" a deep, raspy voice sounded from somewhere across the room. 

jisung's eyes shot open to the voice. they landed on a boy who was curled up in the corner. he had strawberry-blonde hair with pointy snow white ears coming out of them. wait... EARS???

"you... have ears? EARS? AM I THE ONLY PERSON SEEING THIS?" another voice, this time from another corner, sounded out. 

jisung shrunk against the wall, extremely scared. he scanned the room. he was in a very small, white cage with nothing in sight besides three other teenagers. and they all had animal characteristics. 

"i'm dreaming. i'm sure i am...someone pinch me!" the first boy reached over and pinched the last boy who had just spoken, who had brown, floppy ears. 

"ow! wait. i'm not dreaming?!" the brown-eared boy screeched. "no, you are not." jisung spoke up for the first time. his voice felt scratchy. "i don't think any of us are dreaming. but why are we here? and why do wE HAVE EARS?" 

before anyone had the chance to reply, the second boy who had spoken, who had red, fox-like ears, suddenly let out a loud scream. the others immediately covered their ears. 

'what's wrong?" the blonde boy questioned, cringing. 

"I HAVE A TAIL!" the boy screeched at top volume. "I HOPE I'M NOT THE ONLY ONE!" sure enough, the teen had stood up and was inspecting the red tail that had a black tip that was placed right above the rim of his pants. 

the three whipped around to check their own backs. one by one, they gasped at the strange new body part that each now had. 

"wait, wait, wait. before we go on, shouldn't we introduce ourselves?" the brown, floppy-eared one suggested. 

"sure." no one had any complaints, so they stopped what they were doing and sat down. 

"okay. i'll go first." the brown eared boy announced. "my name is seungmin and... i don't have any memory, now that i think about it." he frowned. "i think i'm a dog... what's the word? hybrid? yea. that."

"can... i touch your ears?" the red eared boy asked.

"after. you can go next." seungmin said a little smile appearing on his face.