Chapter 4: Before Concert Goofiness

Start from the beginning

"Hey, mind if I see the photos you took last night?" Mia asks, walking over to us.

"Sure, I have the edited versions back at the hotel that I can show you later if you want," I reply, handing her my camera.

While she is doing that, the guys and I just continue talking about how their performance was going to go and how long things took to set up. Eventually, it was time for them to head to soundcheck, Paul told Mia and me, it was okay to stay down here, but Mia wanted to go up and see them warming up. I told them I would just say and chill here, Paul said it should be about 45 minutes, but with them, it could take an hour if they don't behave. I laughed, and they headed up to the stage.

Niall left his work phone, so I could listen to music because it happened to be connected to the speakers in the dressing room, and I just listened to his solo music while they were gone. Before I know it, my phone was ringing, it was Gabriella.

"Hey, girl!" I hear as I answer the phone.

"Hey Gabs, how are you?"

"No, this conversation is not about me," she replies aggressively, "tell me everything! Who are you working with? Is the other competitor nice? Are you staying in a nice hotel?"

"The other competitor is alright, she is hmm, how do I put this nicely, a bit bitchy, I guess. The hotel is quite nice, I can see Central Park from my bedroom window..." I reply, dancing around her first question.

"That's all cool and dandy, but you know the real reason I called, tell me who you are working with!" She says, I can tell she is getting annoyed with me.

"What if I said I couldn't tell you."

"Charlotte."

"Gabriella."

"You better spill the beans, or I am gonna have to..."

She continues to rant and just quietly under my breath, I say, "One direction."

"Excuse me?! Did you say One Direction?!" She screams in shock, I can hear her begin to hyperventilate. 

"You are correct," I say, laughing, "Niall, Liam, Harry and Louis."

"Oh my god.." she says, trailing off, I can tell she is fangirling.

I continue my conversations with Gabs, say goodbye, and five mins later, everyone comes back.

"Ooo, so you are a fan of Niall's solo stuff?" Louis says, giving me a cheeky grin, he is the first one to enter the room.

"Oh shhh Lou," I say, glaring at him as Niall walks in and hears himself singing.

"You got good taste," he smiles at me and joins me back on the couch, I laugh and smile at him as I feel his hand brush mine as he sits next to me. He has always been my favourite since I was first introduced to their music but I never would have thought I would get to be in the same room with him and have him walk in to hear me listening to his music. A surreal moment. 

"How did everything go? All set for the show tonight?" I ask, as the rest enter the room and join us in the sitting area.

"Yes, we have a meet and greet coming up that Mia offered to take pictures for, but Simon told her no because she would not be allowed to give them the pictures until after the contest, so she's a bit moody," Liam warns as Mia come in the room and sits down with her arms crossed.

"Mia, it's okay; you will get to take pictures of the concert, it will be your turn soon," I say, smiling at her and trying to make her feel better. All she does is roll her eyes and go on her phone. I look at the boys, and they shrug their shoulders and continue talking.