"And what would two rangers know of this matter?" Boromir spat back at the siblings.

Legolas rose angrily, "These are no mere rangers. He is Aragorn and she is Farren, the children of Arathorn. You owe them your allegiance". Farren caught Legolas' eyes, his gaze on her alone.

"Aragorn and Farren. These are Isildur's heirs?"

"And heir's to the throne of Gondor" Frodo was looking at her and Aragorn in shock.

"Havo dad, Legolas" Aragorn motioned to the elf, Farren looked a Boromir instead of Legolas.

"Gondor has no king" Boromir growled, Farren felt all eyes on her. Boromir was looking at her, "Gondor needs no king" Farren remained still.

"If not a king then a Queen" Gandalf spoke, Boromir looked at him briefly before looking at Farren again.

"Only marriage to me or my brother will bring a Queen to Gondor"

Legolas moved. Punching Boromir in the face. 

"So much for not punching anyone in the face" Farren thought, feeling the exasperation in Aragorn who sat next to her.

The dwarfs watched on with raised eyebrows while Frodo looked mortified. Farren was on her feet "Sit down Legolas" she commanded, her voice was no shout, but it held an authoritative tone. "My brother is Gondor's rightful heir, there will be a king before a queen" she looked at Legolas.

"I need no elf or man protecting my honour. No man holds my heart" her voice dropped. Gloin rose from his seat, stretching a hand on her shoulder his face saddened. Aragorn and Legolas watched the interaction with curiosity.

"You have only one choice" Elrond had risen as everyone took their seats, Farren didn't miss Aragorn's proud smile at her, his hand squeezed hers. "The Ring must be destroyed".

"What are we waiting for?" Gimli strode forwards swinging his axe downwards onto the ring. He flew backwards his axe splintered but the ring unharmed. Farren watched with concern as Frodo gasped in pain, his hand to his head.

"The Ring cannot be destroyed Gimli, son of Gloin by any craft that we here possess. The Ring was made in the fires of Mount Doom. Only there can it be unmade. And must be taken deep into Mordor and cast back into the fiery chasm from which it once came. One of you must do this."

Silence.

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its black gates are guarded by more than just orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep. And the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland riddled with fire and ash and dust the very air you breath is a poisonous fume. Not with 10,000 men could you do this, it is folly" Boromir narrated, shaking his head hopelessly.

"Have you heard nothing of what Lord Elrond just said, the ring must be destroyed?" Legolas said jumping yet again to his feet.

"And I supposed you think you're the one to do it!" Gimli growled

"And if we fail what then? What happens when Sauron takes back what is his?" Boromir snapped rising.

Gimli got to his feet, "I will be dead before I see the ring in the hands of an elf". Aragorn sighed shaking his head as the elves jumped to their feet just like the dwarfs did. Everyone began to yell, even Gandalf rose.

"Aragorn no!" Farren pleaded, Aragorn nodded to her staying in his seat. Only herself, Aragorn, Frodo and Elrond remained seated. Farren looked over at Frodo catching his quiet words, "I will take it". He looked at her, she felt her heart sink, he was too innocent to do this and yet he was the only one who could.

"I will take it." He repeated louder, all noise faded as Gandalf closed his eyes in horror. "I will take the Ring to Mordor. Though I do not know the way"

"I will help you bear this burden Frodo Baggins, for as long as it is yours to bear" Gandalf stood next to Frodo.

Beside her Aragorn rose, "By my life or death, I can protect you, I will' he crossed the circle, kneeling before Frodo, 'You have my sword"

"And you have my bow" Legolas agreed,

"And my axe" Gimli smiled; Legolas looked less than pleased as the dwarf approached.

"You carry the fate of us all. Little one. If this is indeed the will of the Council, then Gondor will see done" Boromir stepped forward.

"No would be a good time Sam" Farren called to the bushes, Aragorn looked at her in shock, she only winked, having seen the loyal hobbit arrive when they had.

"Mr Frodo is not going anywhere without me"

"No, it is indeed hardly possible to separate you two, even when he is summoned to a secrete council and you are not," Elrond said. He turned to Farren eyebrows raised.

Farren smiled holding up three fingers, dropping one, then another and as she dropped the last finger:

"Wait we're coming too' Merry and Pippen charged into the circle. Farren covered her mouth smiling as everyone looked at her. Elrond looked utterly confused, 'You'll have to send us tied up in sacks"

"Anyway, you need people of intelligence on this sort of...mission...quest," Pippen said stoutly.

"Well that rules you out Pip" Merry muttered.

Farren rose gracefully, all eyes turned to her. Aragorn's face did not change, he knew what she was capable of, she had been right all those days ago, he couldn't protect her from everything. Farren caught Legolas' eye, the elf shook his head desperately, but she ignored him.

She knelt before Frodo taking his hand in hers, "Your journey is just beginning Frodo. I followed your uncle to Erebor and back, through Goblin caves, through elven prisons and dragon's dens. I fought with your uncle in front of Erebor. I believe it is my duty to keep you Baggins" out of danger' Gloin laughed and she threw him a smirk, "You have my sword Frodo". She took her place beside Aragorn who wrapped an arm around her.

"10 companions, so be it. You shall be the Fellowship of the Ring" Elrond declared.

"Right! Where are we going?" Pippen said happily.

The Fellowship split to gather supplies, but Legolas grabbed Farren's arm. "We must speak"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N Cliffhanger! Slightly longer chapter today! This was my favourite chapter so far with elements of humour, angst and tension and all the characters interacting! Let me know what you guys think!

The next update will most likely be this weekend as there a lot of bad stuff going on at the moment, so I will try to get updates out but I can't make any promises.

Thank you for all your support, I love your comments! I'm excited for you guys to see a slightly more playful Farren coming up in a few chapters, especially around a certain elf

Wren