27

★ Ashley ★

By now my anger had subsided.

Cindy was right. In the end, no matter what, the bitch that dared to put her hands on my Marissa would be found guilty for assault and kidnapping. With just that we could destroy her.

Sarah had just come in and I heard a car pull up. I went downstairs quickly and left Marissa to the girls. I knew I didn't have to tell them what to do. Marissa was as much a friend to me as she was to them.

I saw Dad and hugged him on instinct not letting him go. He rubbed my back and held me close to him giving me a soft smile when I finally looked at him with tear-filled eyes.

"What's wrong, sweetheart? It's okay I'm here."

I nodded and slowly told him of the things that happened. About how I went to get Marissa to the part where I found her bruise mark.

My Dad's face was held back in anger. I could see it on his face and in his eyes, but he held it back and nodded slowly. My Dad was known for being against those who chose to lay a hand on children and I guess Marissa being 17, that still counted.

"Don't worry sweetheart I know a lot of people and by far I know we can get this case to work if Marissa is up for that. I never did like that woman but this is just going too far. I'll get on the phone with Marissa's father this instant. He'll need to know all of this. She's still married to him so that could cause problems but I know him well. Marissa will be okay, I promise you that." I smiled a small smile and gave me a quick hug before getting on the phone.

I went upstairs to find the girls half sitting on the warm carpeted floor and half on the bed where Marissa was now in my warm clothing, sleeping soundly. I gave them a small smile and sat next to Marissa caressing her face not touching the red part in fear of hurting her.

After a few minutes, Dad came upstairs and greeted the girls. I picked up the pictures Sarah took and printed out and showed them to my Dad.

He looked at them and frowned for a moment before looking back at me.

"I had to go through a lot of networks but I managed to get a hold of him on the phone. I didn't tell him everything but I did tell him Marissa was badly hurt and that I'd take her to the hospital. I couldn't tell him who hurt her on the phone. I need him to be in front of me to make sure this goes well. He's been with that woman for how long now and it could be hard for even him to believe that she'd hurt his child. It's not something any father wants to believe or hear."

I nodded and gave him a hug.

"But we'll need to take her to the hospital. I just wanted to take her there to have her face seen. A girl should not have a bruised face but I see it's more than I thought. I do hope that conniving woman doesn't know when we take Marissa to the hospital." He sighed.

"You think that if she knows we're there she could use the only family allowed trick on us and kick us out while she gets her plan together on how to fix this," I asked.