24

>>Word count; 1194<<

If you guys see mistakes in my spelling please let me know, i'd appreciate it 🥺❤️

~Katherine's pov~The next day~

I walked into Daryl's tent. He was poking holes at the plastic with an arrow. He looked over to me, "What." he said. "You're a dick." I said. He didn't wanna be in the house so he moved out here. He smirked a bit, "Scare ya?" he asked. "Yeah, you did." i said narrowing my eyes at him. "Whole point." he said and looked away, poking another hole. (im on tiktok too much, i heard that one audio in my head where it's like 'yeah that's like the whole point. 😂) "Wasn't funny." i said. "A little." he said. "Hey." We looked over to see Andrea. She walked in and sat down next to me. "This is not that great but," She said holding a book out towards him.

It was The Case of the Missing Man by Jimmie Herron

He put the arrow down on his chest and grabbed the book. He started flipping through the book's pages. "What, no pictures?" he asked and looked over to her. "I'm so sorry, i feel like shit." She said, he put the book down and fixed his pillow. "I don't expect you to forgive me, But if there's anything i can do..." She said looking at him. I noticed he was bleeding, from the bullet graze. He picked up his arrow again, "You were trying to protect the group. We're good." he said, Andrea got up and walked out of the tent. "But hey," he said. She turned around and looked at him. "Shoot me again, you'd best pray i'm dead." he said looking at her.

She walked away, I pulled out my black bandanna. "Look at me," i said getting on my knees. "Why?" He asked poking another hole in the plastic. I put my hand on his cheek, He flinched away from my hand. "Relax.." i said looking down at him. He looked up at me, i slowed down my actions. "You're bleeding." I said putting my hand on his cheek again to make him face me. I moved some hair out of the way and cleaned up the blood. He kept looking at me, i looked down at him. "See i'm not mean, i don't like to scare people." I said. "Why're you talking about scaring people." He said looking at my necklace, "You flinched," i said. "Don't mean you scared me." he said looking back at me.

"Mhm," i said and wiped up the last bit of blood. "Thanks.." He mumbled. I nodded and got up, walking out of the tent.

~The next day~

"Um.. guys." Glenn said, We were all having breakfast outside, eating eggs. We looked at Glenn, he looked nervous. "So.." he said, I took some more egg in my mouth. He held his hands and looked at us. "..The barn is full of walkers." He said. I looked directly over at Rick, he looked at Glenn then we all stood up. We put our plates down and headed over to the barn. Shane walked up to the barn and looked inside and stood there for a while until he finally walked back to us. "You cannot tell me you're alright with this." He said brushing by Rick. "No i'm not, but we're guests here. This isn't our land." Rick said as he kept looking at the barn.

I walked up to it too and looked inside too. There were a lot in there. I don't know how they got them in there but this was crazy. I backed away, "This is our lives!" Shane said. "Lower your voice!" Glenn said as i walked back to the group, "We can't just sweep this under the rug." Andrea said. "It ain't right. Not remotely." T-Dog said. "Talk to Hershel, he tolerates you more." i said looking at Rick. "Talk?! No. We either gotta go in there, make things right or we just gotta go." He said looking at me, he put his cap back on and looked over to Rick. "We've been talking about Fort Benning for a long time." He said.

"We can't go." Rick said holding his arm out towards him. "Why Rick? Why.?" Shane asked. "Because my daughter is still out there." Carol said. "Okay- okay." he said and put his hands together and bringing them up to his face, covering his mouth and nose. "I think it's time that we all start to just consider the other possibility." Shane said uncovering his mouth. "Shane." i said shaking my head, "We're not leaving Sophia behind." Rick said. "I'm close to finding this girl. I just found her damn doll 2 days ago!" Daryl said.  Shane laughed a bit. "You found her doll Daryl. That's what you did. You found a doll." Shane said. "You don't know what the hell you're talkin' about.!" Daryl said getting angry, he swung his arm as he spoke. "Alright- alright." Rick said holding his arm out in front of Daryl as he got closer to Shane.

"I'm just saying what needs to be said. You get a good lead it's in the first 48 hours! After that it don't matter.!" he said. He looked at me. "You know this shit why're you siding with them?! You're telling me you believe a little girl like that is still alive out there?!" He asked. I kept looking at him, "Shane- Shane stop!" Rick yelled. "Let me tell you somethin' else man. If she was alive out there and saw you comin'. All methed out with your buck knife and geek ears around your neck, she would run in the other direction!" Shane yelled. "Shut-" Daryl said trying to after him. Everyone started yelling. I grabbed Daryl's arm and pulled him away. I stood in front of him and held my arm out. "Stop- stop.!" i said sternly and put my hand on his chest only for a second. He started pacing, trying to get away from me but i followed his paces, blocking him. "I'll beat your ass! You don't come at me man!" Shane yelled.

"Back off!" Rick said as the fight stopped. "Keep your hands off me." Shane said looking at Lori. I put my arm down and looked back at them, Shane started walking away from us. "Just let me talk to Hershel. Let me figure it out." Rick said. "Man what are you gonna figure out.!" Shane said going after Rick. I stood in front of him and pushed him away. "Take a damn walk.!" I yelled. "Enough!" Lori yelled. "If we're gonna stay, if we're gonna clear this barn, I have to talk him into it. This is his land." Rick said. I backed up from Shane and tightened my ponytail. "Hershel sees those things in there as people." Dale said, we looked over to him. "Sick people. His wife- his stepson." Dale said.

"You knew?!" Rick asked. "Yesterday, i talked to Hershel." He said. "And you waited the night.?" Shane asked. "I thought we could survive one more night. We did. I was waiting til this morning to say something but Glenn wanted to be the one." Dale said. "The man is crazy Rick. If Hershel thinks those things are alive- or no!" He yelled, Rick stopped him again from coming after him. The doors to the barn started to rattle, the walkers were trying to get out of there.

 The doors to the barn started to rattle, the walkers were trying to get out of there