10

>>Word count; 1234 <<

~Katherine's Pov~

"The hell's been going on with you?" Daryl asked as he drove. We've been driving for a while. "You on your period or sum.?" he asked. I smiled a bit and looked over laughing at his comment. He looked over at me too then at the road. "Did you seriously just ask me that.?" i asked. "Yeah." he said. "That's something you never ask a woman, and no. I'm not on my period. Jesus.." i said softly and looked back out the window. "Than what? You out here punchin' trees and shit." he said looking at my hand then back at the road. "I haven't told anyone.." i said playing with the moon charm, "So don't tell anyone, it's not like you talk to anyone either way.." i said. "Watch it." he said.

I smiled a bit and he looked at me, "Okay but, in all seriousness.. Please?" i asked. He looked back at the road and nodded, "Alright." he said. "I have a kid.. When this shit went down i lost her.." i said looking out the window. "I had to, Put my brother down. He'd pick her up when i was at work, and that day.. I left work. I saw my brother but i didn't see Luna anywhere. " I said, "How old was she?" he asked. I didn't answer for a second, "She's 10.." i said. I don't wanna say was.. i'm not ready to say that. "I don't- know if she's dead but she's lost.. And i- hope that someone took her in.. I looked for her for almost 4 weeks before i came to your camp. I didn't- see her body i didn't see her as a walker. So- i just hope that someone was kind enough to take her in." i said.

"That's who you were askin' for back at that old folks home.?" he asked. I looked over to him, "You heard?" I asked. He nodded, "Yeah, didn't wanna stop ya.. but we had to go." He said. I nodded a bit, "I just- i had this feeling that i had to ask so i did.." i said. "Maybe she's with her old man.." He said. I shook my head. "No dad," i said. "You raised 'er on your own?" He asked. I nodded, "Yeah," i said. "That's badass." he said. I giggled. "Shut up." i said. "Nah i'm serious." he said looking at me. I looked over to see him smiling. "Shit like that's a ton work." he said. I smiled a bit more noticing his smile. "Oh my god i made you smile." i said. "Don't change the subject, I'm givin' you props. Take it." He said looking back at the road. "Oh i'm taking it. Yeah it was hard. I never worked with kids before. I called my mom every fucking hour." i said. He shook his head. "Sure she turned out good.. You're good with Carl." He said.

"Feels good to finally talk to someone about it.." I said. "Better than punchin' shit.?" he asked. "Yeah." I said looking at him. He looked at me than back at the road. "You named the kid Luna.? What gave you the idea. Never heard of it." he said. "Luna means Moon, in spanish. My sister and i talked about her name before she was born, it just stuck.." i said. "Hm," he said driving. "I didn't even know you spoke spanish until you spit out a whole ass sentence." He said. "Seriously? Do you not see my skin.?" I asked. "I didn't wanna assume. I ain't my damn brother." he said. "Yeah well, now you know.." i said. There was a honk and the RV pulled to the side of the road, We all stopped and got out of our cars, there was smoke coming out of the RV.

~~~

Jim got worse, he said he couldn't make the ride according to Jaqui, Rick just told us he wants to be left here. "It's what he wants." Rick said looking at us. "And he's luicd.?" Carol asked, "He seems to be, I would say yes." He said. "Back in the camp, when i said Daryl might be right and you shut me down, you misunderstood. I would never go along with callously killing a man. I was just gonna suggest we ask Jim what he wants. And i think we have an answer." Dale said, I tightened up my ponytail and looked at the floor putting my hands in my butt pockets. "We just leave him here? We take off? Man i'm not sure i could live with that." Shane said, "Well," i said shaking my head a bit, I looked back up.

Everyone was looking at me, "It is his dying wish.. We should respect that," i said nodding as i looked at Shane. "What'd he say to you?" i asked looking at Rick. "He wants to be with his family," He said. I nodded a bit, "We should just give him what he wants.. Like you said," i said looking at Carol, "He's lucid now." i said and looked back at Shane and Rick. "He knows what he wants and frankly we don't know if he's gonna make it all the way to the CDC.. Shit does down; Dale and Glenn get it. I don't want that.." i said shaking my head a bit. Rick looked at me unsure of what to do. "We need to respect, his final wish. It's the last thing he wants, Rick.." I said.

He nodded after a second then wiped sweat off his nose. I looked at Shane and he sighed, it was written all over his face; he didn't wanna do this. "Alright." Rick said and handed his hat to Lori. She took it and went inside the RV with Shane, they brought Jim out and rested him against a tree. We all walked up to him, "Hey.. another damn tree." he said chuckling a bit. "Hey Jim, I mean, you know it doesn't need to be this." Shane said bending down, looking at Jim. "No.. It's good. The breeze feels nice." He said struggling to breathe a bit. I looked over at Glenn, he looked really upset, everyone was. I didn't talk to him, or know him really but i knew he was a good guy, he helped the group a lot. I walked over to him and put my hand on his upper back and moved my hand in a small circle. He was holding his hat in his hands. "okay." Shane said and and backed away.

Jaqui walked up to him and bent down too. "Just close your eyes sweetie, don't fight." She said and kissed his cheek, she walked away quickly. I took my hand off of Glenn's shoulders as Rick walked up to Jim with a gun, he also bent down and held the gun in front of him. "Jim, do you want this.?" he asked. "No, you'll need it. I'm okay." Jim said, Rick stood up and took a few steps away from him, Dale walked up to him and bent down too. "Thanks for uh... for fighting for us." He said. Jim nodded a bit, "Okay.." he said and walked away. Everyone walked away. I gave him a small nod and he returned it. We all got back in our vehicles and headed to the CDC.

 We all got back in our vehicles and headed to the CDC