62

>>Word count; 1093<<

~Katherine's Pov~The next day~

I felt someone hold my hand, I opened my eyes to see Maggie. "Hey," She smiled, "Hey," I said softly. "Glenn wanted me to check in on you," she said, I gave her a soft smile. "How's he doing?" I asked. "Good, You look a lot better," She said putting the back of her hand on my cheeks then my forehead, "Fever's going down, How're you feeling?" She asked. I gave her a small nod, "I'm good just tired." I said. She nodded, "You guys need your rest. I'm glad you're doing better." She said, The rest came back with the medicine last night and distributed them to everyone in this block. Some people were already out, outside even. But some of us weren't.

"I am too.." I said softly. "Here, water. You need to stay hydrated." She said and helped me sit up slightly, i drank some water and looked at her, handing her the empty cup back. "Is he really okay..? He really scared me.." I said as i laid back down. "He's okay, i just talked to him." She said. "He's breathing on his own?" I asked. She nodded, "He is," She said giving me a soft smile. I returned it, "Good," i said softly, "Get your rest, we'll come back to check on you later." She said and got up. "Hey," We looked over to see Daryl. Maggie put a hand on my arm and got up, walking by Daryl and going back to Glenn. Daryl walked in and sat on the stool next to my bed. "You look like shit.." He said. I smiled a bit.

"That's a very rude thing to say to a sick woman.. I look, amazing," i said closing my eyes. "Should've seen me yesterday coughing up blood, all sweaty and nasty as hell.." I whispered. "This is an upgrade, deal with it." i said and opened my eyes again, I looked at him again. "..You scared the shit outta me.." he said looking at me. I swallowed the lump in my throat. "I'm doing better.." i whispered. I shook my head a bit, "What're you doing here?" i asked. "Needed to see you were okay. Hershel said you were but.. I wanted to see you." He said. I kept looking at him,

"I really look that bad?" I asked softly. He shook his head, "Nah.." he said softly. "I'm just-  glad you're alright.." He said. I nodded a bit and closed my eyes again. "I could've died though. You know that right..? I couldn't breathe last night." I said softly, ".. I know.. Hershel told me." he said. I opened my eyes and looked at him. "I promised myself next time i saw you i'd say it because i really could've died." i said looking at him.

"Say what," He said. "That i like you- a lot, but you already knew that..." i said closing my eyes again, they burned when i kept them open, I felt better when they were closed. I swallowed the lump in my throat. "..I think i love you, but i've never- loved anyone before so i'm kinda stuck.." i said opening my eyes. He was still looking at me, Not saying anything. My heart started racing, He looked down at the floor biting the inside of his cheek. A few seconds passed and he didn't speak. "Please say something.." I whispered growing impatient because he wasn't saying anything. "Hey." We looked over to see Rick. I sniffled a bit, "Hey," I said softly. He smiled and came to me, "How you feelin'?" He asked. I gave him a small smile, "Tired.. but i feel way better than yesterday," I said sighing a bit. "Just.. i feel like i haven't slept in days.." I said closing my eyes. "So very sleepy.." I whispered. "I'll tell Carl you're doing better." He said. I nodded a bit and opened my eyes again. "Is everyone okay?" i asked. He nodded, "Yeah, we're alright." He said. I nodded a bit. "Good," I whispered and licked my lips. "I need to take Daryl," He said looking at him. "I need to talk to you about something, need help with something too." Rick said to him. "Alright. Give me a sec," He said.

Rick nodded and looked down at me, putting a hand on my shoulder. "Glad you're okay." he said. "Me too, thanks for coming Rick.." I said softly. " 'course." he said then walked out. Daryl looked back at me. "I'll come back.." He said softly, i gave him a small nod, "okay.." i whispered. He moved his thumb a bit against my arm and leaned in, he kissed my cheek and put a hand on it, brushing it with his thumb. "I've never loved anyone either." He said. "Makes two of us.." I whispered. "Yeah." He said and leaned down again, but he didn't kiss my cheek this time. I kissed him back and put a hand on his wrist, He pulled away and we looked at each other.

"I'll- come back.. later," he said looking at me. "You're so awkward.." I whispered smiling. "Shut up." he said getting up. "Go to sleep." He said walking out of the cell. I heard him and Rick talking and leaving this building. I smiled and put my hand on my necklace, playing with the moon charm. I felt like a damn teenager with butterflies in my stomach. "Hm.." i said softly and put my fingers on my lips.

~~~

I woke up to the sound of gunshots. "Shit," i said and sat up, the fire continued, getting more intense. I got up and stumbled to the door frame. I looked down the hall to see Glenn up too, People started running out of the building and screaming, "What the hell." I said looking at Glenn. He shook his head. "I don't- know." He said as we supported each other going down the steps. We started hearing louder fire, explosions. Another one went off, We saw Maggie running in. She grabbed both of us. "What's going on?!" "What the hell's going on.?!" Glenn and I asked at the same time. "We have to get everybody out of here!" She said and helped us both out, another explosion went off behind us.

We reached outside to see a literal war going on, tanks and everything. "Holy shit." I said as a man was shot down right next to us. Maggie got us on the bus. "Beth! Where's Beth?!" Maggie called out. "She went to go find Judith!" The woman said, "Where!?" She asked. The woman pointed in the direction Beth ran off in.

"We'll find her she'll be okay." Glenn said stepping back down. Maggie stopped him. "No- you're not going by yourself." He said, She sat him down on the steps. "I'll be right back." She said and took off.