83

>>Word count; 1713<<

~Katherine's Pov~The next morning~

The door opened, I stopped looking at the picture of me and Luna and put it face down against my thigh, using my hand to cover it. I looked back to see Daryl, "Hey." he said. I was outside sitting down at the steps. "Hey," I said, putting the picture away. He sat down at the end of the porch, putting his crossbow next to him, at his feet resting it on the railing, He patted next to him. I got up from the steps and walked over to him, sitting down. "You alright?" he asked. I nodded, "Mhm." i said resting my head on his shoulder, i brought my knees up to my chest.

"Just thinking." I said. "Mmm," he said, bringing one of his knees up and knees up slightly. "You sleep last night?" he asked as everyone started coming out of the house as well. "A little, you.?" I asked. "A little." he said too as everyone started coming outside too, heading down the steps. "Vamos a ver si podemos escuchar algún chisme." Let's go see if we can hear any gossip. Rosita said looking at me with a little smile. I took my head off of Daryl's shoulder.

"Ooh, Chisme de los gringos." Ooh, White people gossip. I said as I smiled at her, I kissed his cheek quickly and got up, heading over to her. "Gringos y no saben cómo vivir afuera de este lugar." White people and they don't know how to live outside of this place. She said. I shook my head. "Pobrecitos, están viviendo en una fantasía." Poor them, they're living in a fantasy. I said as we walked. "It's sad if you really think about it." she said. "It is, when shit hits they're not gonna know how to defend themselves." I said.

~Couple days later~

We've been here for about 4 days, things were weird. They were just new, we weren't used to this- any of this. It felt so weird to be in these walls, we were so used to being out there that being in a place like this was just weird. We were gonna have to get used to it though. I was out walking, I heard people fighting. I ran over to the front and saw a small crowd formed around Daryl and Nicholas. Rick pulled Daryl off of Nicholas and I reached them. I don't know what happened but Daryl was pissed.

Rick tried blocking Daryl from going to Nicholas again. Rick looked at me, i nodded and grabbed Daryl's arm. He pulled away still feeling pissed and kept pacing. I went over to him again and grabbed his hand holding it tight. "Hey." I said softly and came closer to him, his eyes were glued on Nicholas but he held my hand back. I rested my cheek slightly on his shoulder trying to keep him still, He swayed a bit but started to stand in place. He released a breath angrily but eventually stopped pacing.

"I want everyone to hear me, okay.?" Deanna called out to the small crowd here. I put my free hand on his forearm and rubbed it a bit trying to calm him down. "Rick and his people are part of this community now, in all ways as equals. Understood?!" She called out. "Understood." Aiden said. "All of you turn in your weapons. Then you two can talk to me." Deanna said turning back to Nicholas and Aiden. I rubbed Daryl's arm a bit more looking at Deanna. Everyone started walking away from us, once again Daryl started pacing trying to get to Nicholas.

I kept on holding him- well his arm in this case just keeping him still. "I told you i had a job for you," Deanna said looking at Rick, "I'd like you to be our constable. That's what you were. That's what you are." she said and looked over to Michonne. "You two girls too. Will you accept.?" She asked. "Okay.." Rick said. "Yeah i'm in." Michonne said. Daryl pulled away from me roughly and grabbed his crossbow. He looked at Me, Rick and Michonne and walked away angrily. I sighed looking back at him as he kept walking.

"Katherine," Deanna said, I looked back at her and shook my head, "I- I don't know.." I said looking at her. "Take your time, come to me when you're ready." She said. I nodded a bit looking at her, she returned the nod and looked over at Glenn, "Thank you." She said, "For what?" He asked. "For knocking him on his ass." She said.