Twelve

I shouldn't be surprised already to see you with her but I still do like I used to.
~~

The elevator's door slowly opens itself the moment I reached the 76th floor. My heart beating heavily again. No, not because of the thought of meeting Aksel right now but because of the height.

As I stepped out of the elevator, I could see everything outside in microscopic figure from here through the glass wall around. What a scary scenery!

"Ms. Sierra Cullen?" said the lady and I didn't even notice her coming.

I smiled saying "yes" weakly.

"The president is waiting inside for you" she said.

I bowed low thanking her for the help she offered to me over the phone a while ago then I walked straight to his room.

Facing this huge steal door in front of me is like facing him as already. And even holding the cold door knob is even more like his heart. Shutting my eyes close and holding my breath for one... two... three... I pushed the door open and so with my eyes open wide.

My hands begin to tremble and my heart twists in pain. Why? Why should I witness this horrible thing right before my very eyes. Why do I always caught them like this? 

Allia's hands around Aksel's neck. Aksel leaning his head to her —kissing her lips.

My head starts to feel the aching pain blurring my vision a bit and my trembling legs still stand frozen on the floor.

Aksel caught my presence and immediately break away as he button up his coat. Allia felt a bit upset about it but when she caught Aksel's surprised eyes looking at me, she turned to face me as well with her big smile.

"Oh, Sierra. You're here" greeted Allia.

I want to leave already but my brain can't still control my legs. What a shame that I am here. I shouldn't have come. Is this why he sent me straight here? The cost of coming here is even more harder than begging to come in. I should have already known that he is playing this game again.  My eyes still bit blurry and dry can't even produce tears to wet it a little. I am just stupidly standing like a statue in front of them. Do I really have to witness them like this again?

"Why are you here?" Aksel finally spoke.

My tongue still tied shut and couldn't speak. At once, the door flew open, I heard it but I didn't turn to see who just came in. Should I be thankful to this person of saving my ass from being paralyzed?

"Hey, guys!" the man happily greeted changing the intense atmosphere going on in here before his coming.

"Cal, you just came in on time" said Allia breaking the silence. My eyes are still on them both.

Cal? Even though I don't like him, I'm bit thankful of his unexpected appearance. With my eyes still pinned on Allia and Aksel, I can see in my peripheral view that Calix is standing by my side already.

"Oh, SEIRRA? Is it you? When did you come back? It's more than six years that we didn't see your face!" said Calix and immediately stepped in front of me blocking the figures of Aksel and Allia and all I could see is his face.

Calix Vaddara. I will not be mistaken. He's my college schoolmate and nothing more than that. He's one of the closest friends of Aks. They're actually five in the group— the best five in our campus basketball team and the five most popular students. They all are different when it comes to personality. And, Cal is the funny one. He knows me because—

"I knew it! You are really so loyal to Aksel like you were before. And still doing things for him huh. I am now sure that you were the familiar lady I have seen a while ago at the lobby before I went back to my car to get something that I left." said Cal but still we all remain silent.

"So, you are that woman who's begging at the lobby receptionist to get in." said Cal and laughs too loud breaking the silence. I really would like to shut him now, how dare him mention that, as if it's funny. We aren't college students anymore not even inside the campus that he could still act goofy and doesn't even realize that it hurts others.

I'm the errand girl of Aks way back when we were in college. Nobody in their group knows about our relationship except him and Rev.

Yes, Rev is one of the members of the big five. He actually became famous and considered one of the most popular because he always tag along with Aks and because of the harsh words of his haters. I would always hear the students questioning him and even mocking that he doesn't deserve to be part of the group. They would always say that he's a parasite who is always clinging on Aks to get attention and popularity too but how stupid they are, they no nothing.

Rev's father works as a personal driver of Liuvran family. He is close and loyal to the Liuvran. He is also one of the few people who knows our relationship. Aksel's parents gave his son, Rev, a full scholarship to be our watcher inside the campus but it's funny to know that all he had reported were the exact opposite of what we really did.

Our relationship has been kept private —putting it more to a professional manner and making the both of us act as a normal student like the others. Also, we don't put our relationship in mainstream. That's why a few only know about it and decided that we will let things be known to others in the right time.

"What have you come for?" asked Aksel to Cal with his firm voice still sounds mad of my coming and even in interrupting them both.

"Ya, before I forgot" said Cal who walks towards them then handed them the envelope. "My invitation for my pre-wedding party tomorrow" he said smiling.

Cal is getting married? I never had imagined that to a playboy like him. And, what an insane woman, I'm sorry for judging, she is to choose that man who— Okay, I don't want to add more judgement to Cal and I don't even want to commit more sin too.

"Sure, we'll come" said Allia turning to Aksel who nodded in agreement.

"I'll see you guys then" said Cal happily before his phone rings.

"Opps, I have to excuse myself now." he stated and his smile immediately reaches his ears. "My bride is calling" he added before he turned his back to them to leave.

He's about to answer the call on his way out when he suddenly stopped and took a few steps back to me. "Sierra, what a nice timing you have. I'm sure everyone misses your presence and so I invite you to come too" he said flashing a smirk to me and putting the invitation on my sling bag before he finally answered the call and walked out the room.

Really! Forget it. I won't go anyway.

"What is that?" asked Allia motioning her head to the lunch bag I am holding. Finally the atmosphere here became a little more bearable compared earlier. Thanks a little for Cal's appearance, I had bought some time to pull myself up together.

"I brought lunch for Aksel." I said finally my legs are cooperating now as I walk to his table with my composed attitude and then I put the bag down on the table forcing a smile on my face to look cool.

"Have a happy lunch" I stated before I turned my back and straightly walked out the door without even looking back. I just don't want to see their faces again. I was wrong to think that the third challenge is the easiest when in fact it's the hardest one. 

~~~

What!? What is that? What's the most painful surprise you have had? Tell me your thoughts below! Thanks for reading. 😀