Chapter 7

The group mostly walked in silence. When we arrived at the grave James came up to me. "When do you get to tell me that this is a bad idea?"

"This is a bad idea." The group stared in awe at the skeletons of Kong's parents. Marlow was still trying to convince everybody to go back.

"You smell that? It's death." I moved closer to Conrad who wrapped one of his arms around my waist while the other held a gun.

"What the hell is this place?" I heard Slivko ask.

"This is what's left of Kong's parents," I stated.

"I've taken enough photos of mass graves to recognize one," Mason muttered.

"Crash site's just on the other side of the valley. We'll cross through and make it to the highest point west." Packard said. I stared at him in shock. We're going to cross through the most dangerous part of the island and he expects me to ensure nobody gets eaten?

"Uh uh. This place is a real no-no, sir. That's the biggest no-no on the entire island," Marlow stated.

"You said that your queen can control these things right?" Packard turned to look at me.

"If you take a picture with flash or shoot at any of the skull crawlers then it's game over because I won't be able to control them once they go savage," I remarked back at the Colonel.

"We need to be going to the north side right now," I heard a scientist say from the back of the group. Packard turned to face him.

"And you're welcome to do that, my man, by yourself. I'm not leaving Jack out there. Now, who's with me?" Everyone remained quiet.

"We can make it," Conrad said looking at the grave. I shook my head.

"We can make it. Now stay sharp, keep an eye out." Packard said to everybody. The group began to leave but I noticed Marlow staying behind. He turned to look at me.

"I've only been here for twenty-eight years, what do I know?"

"You know a whole lot more than they do. This is a death sentence, Loki patrols over here. I also wouldn't be surprised if Chapman was dead."

"I wouldn't be surprised either." We quickly caught up with the group. Conrad and I looked out for the group. We slowly wandered closer to the remains of Kong's parents. I notice Conrad bend down to look at a footprint.
"That's Loki's footprint." James turned to look at me.

"How do you know?" I smiled.

"He has an extra claw right here." I pointed at the fourth claw imprint. "He's the only Skull crawler that has four claws." I heard a huge explosion and looked at the soldiers.

"Watch those fumes!" I heard Randa yell at the boys. We barely took a few steps when we heard a loud roar come from the fog.

"Run!" I yelled at the group. Everybody followed my advice, they hid in the skull and behind the ribs. James was pulling me behind the rib when I pulled away. I remained out in the open. I whistled calling for Loki. Mere moments later Loki was coming towards me. "Hey, buddy." I reached forward to pet him. He nuzzled my hand. "Where have you been?" He started to regurgitate some bones. I moved out of his way. After he was finished I looked at the remains. I saw dog-tags on the skull of his previous meal. "Loki, you killed Chapman? Buddy, you're doomed." I whistled signaling for Loki to leave. Everybody came out of their hiding spots and came closer to me. "We should be safe for now. Loki shouldn't return unless I call him." Marlow pulled out his katana. I also pulled out my katana because I knew that Loki would return due to the noise. I saw a bright flash that must have come from Randa's camera. When I heard a rhythmic stomp my heart stopped. James must have heard it too because we both had our weapons pointed in the direction of the noise. We all looked at Randa who looked up at us. Another flash came from his camera when he heard a growl.

"Oh, shit," was all he could get out before Loki snapped his jaws around Randa. Everybody started firing at Loki.

"Set up the 50!" Packard screamed. We all stood in a circle watching for Loki to reveal himself. I whistled lowly hoping that I had some control over him. I noticed that Loki was trapping us. The final flash happened right in front of Hank and I. We both muttered the saying death before dishonor in Japanese. I saw Loki dash out quickly at us. Hank and I both moved quickly out of the way. As I moved out of the way I was able to stab Loki in his ribs. Loki smashed his way through all of the bones.

"Bring the torch! Do your thing!" Packard screamed at his men. One of the soldiers began to burn Loki alive. Everybody thought it was working until Loki used his tail to send the solider flying into a skull. Everything exploded around us.

"Slivko!" I heard James scream. I began to run towards Slivko as fast as I could until something exploded in front of me spewing out green toxic gas. "Gas! Liz, get out of there!" I continued to run through the gas to Slivko. I began to cough due to the gas but I finally made it through to see Slivko motionless on the ground. I began to fix him up with what I could. I heard something running over to us. I turned to see James pulling off a gas mask holding Hank's katana. He ran towards us trying to get Slivko on his feet and away from the battle. I saw Loki running towards us. I closed my eyes expecting death but instead, I was blasted back on top of James. I looked up to see Loki collapse dead right in front of us. When I realized the danger was finally gone, I leaned back onto James.

I am incredibly sorry for killing off Loki. I myself am a Loki fan, but I just couldn't kill Scar because he's been Liz's favorite. Thank you for all of your reads!!!!