Chapter 1-1973

"You ready Scar?" I made a whistling noise as I jumped out of the shack I made. I lived up in the trees to ensure nothing was going to happen to me even though I trusted all of the creatures. After living here for 15 years you kind of get used to everything here. I spend all of my time either with the skull-crawlers or with Kong. They actually made a treaty sort of, they promised not to attack each other if they were passing off protecting me or if I was with either of them. Things have been pretty peaceful here. I met Hank who is a little crazy but I absolutely love him. We talk quite a bit about baseball and the war because I'm totally fascinated by it. I learned how to communicate with all of the creatures here on the island including the skull-crawlers and the mother longlegs. The rest of the creatures respect me because they see me either with Kong or with Alpha or the rest of the skull-crawlers. My favorites are Alpha, Loki, and Scar because they're the ones who have taught me how to get around the island. I heard a growl rumble through the jungle. I paused holding my Kanata, I quickly looked around then closed my eyes focusing on the noise. I snapped open my eyes, dodged to the right just in time to see Scar run past me. "Scar, you can't sneak up on me anymore. I've been around you guys long enough to listen to know where you guys are." Scar growled something under his breath. "Is that sarcasm I hear buddy?" I climbed onto his back. "Come on let's go explore." Scar took off running towards the west. We traveled until around noon when I heard something. It was the first time I heard this sound in 15 years. The sound of helicopter blades. I whipped around to see at least six different helicopters flying over us. I stared in wonder at the aircraft. "That's weird, why would they bring military helicopters." I watched to see several bombs fall from the helicopters."Scar, take cover!." Scar rushed to hide under the cover of the trees. I saw Kong appear in front of the helicopters. "Take them down Kong!" I watched as Kong began to destroy the entire fleet of helicopters. I obviously wasn't paying enough attention because I heard people's scream coming closer as I looked to the right to see a helicopter heading directly towards Scar and I. "Run!" Scar took off into a sprint as the helicopter came down around us. A piece of debris from the crash hit my shoulder as we got away. I cried out in pain. Scar looked at me as we ran. "I'm okay Scar, but you need to leave because I want to see if anybody survived the crash." I got off Scar, gently put my hand on his nose, then bowed signally him to leave. I climbed into the trees and slowly made my way towards the debris when I started to hear voices.

"Is anybody airborne? Repeat is anybody airborne?" I could tell that this was a younger guy because you could hear the panic in his voice. When I was directly above the group I decided I should talk to them.

"Nobody still airborne kid. Kong made sure that your entire group was destroyed." When I was looking around the group, one of the leaders caught my eye.

"Who are you?" I heard the tracker with the bright blue eyes ask in an attractive British accent.

I jumped down from the tree I was in. I straightened out then stated, "My name is Liz, and I'm the queen of this island."