Forgive

"Truck 81 assistance needed 284 West Taylor Street" I rolled out of bed and ran to truck. I pulled my turnout gear on and jumped in truck "Let's go Hart" I nodded and drove off to West Taylor Street.

I jumped out and grabbed my hat and halligan and ran into the house "Brett what's up?" "4 OD's and we can't get into this one" I looked at Casey "We need squad" "I'll call them you get a lift back to 51 with them and help Brett and Foster with the OD's" I nodded "Hart I need you" I ran through to the kitchen "Throw me some Narcan" I caught the Narcan and gave it to the young girl. I started CPR so her heart would stop "Where am I needed?" "Cruz down the hall to the left" I shouted. The other paramedics walked in "Hart?" "What's up Chout OD" I smiled and moved out the way. "Have fun" I walked over to squad "There were so many easier ways Cruz" "Like what?" "Sawzall cut the door in half so Brett could step over it" He turned to me, "Thought about joining squad?" "Yeah, once but I would miss truck" I smiled "Brett have fun" We walked out to squad "Yous need Severide back" They all chuckled and we drove back to 51.

Everyone was up and in the common room. I walked over to truck and put my turnout gear back in the right place just in case we got another call but hopefully, we didn't because I just wanted to go home.
 I walked into the common room and made myself a cup of coffee. I sat down and drank my coffee then saw Noah crawling into the common room. "There's my handsome boy" I got up and walked over and picked Noah up "Where's your daddy?" I walked out to the apparatus floor. 
"Jay dropped these off he said he'll be at the 21st and that Noah was fed an hour ago" I took the diaper bag and keys from Capp "Thanks Capp" I walked into the common room and sat down at the table
"Hart" I turned around and Casey was standing there "Everything ok?" "Jay dropped Noah off with Capp" "Do you want to go to the 21st?" "Do you mind?" "No of course not" "Thank you so much, Casey" "Don't worry about it Hart anyone would do it" I smiled then grabbed Noah "Let's go see daddy little man" I grabbed the diaper bag and stood up and walked out to truck. "Gabby do mind holding Noah" " Of course not "I smiled and handed her Noah "Thank you" I jumped in my turnout gear then into truck. "Let's go" I nodded and started truck and drove to the 21st.

I stopped truck "I'm not coming in this time" I chuckled and jumped out. I opened the door and took Noah and his diaper bag from Gabby "Thanks" I walked into the 21st.
"Morning Trudy" "Morning Katrina" "Is Jay in?" "Not at the moment but Ruzek and Kim are" "Can you buzz me up?" "Of course" I walked over to the metal gates and walked up the stairs with Noah in my arms.
"Halstead, Lindsay what you got" "Calm down I'm still Hart" I chuckled and walked upstairs "Kat everything ok?" "Jay dropped Noah off at 51 this morning and I can't look after him and it's Connie's day off" "They should be back in a couple of minutes but if you get called out I'll look after him" "Thanks Kim" I gave Noah to Kim then sat down in the breakroom. I put my head in my hands.
"Kat" "Jay" "Why are you here?" "Because I can't look after Noah" "Why not?" "Because I'm working" "So am I" "Jay you have people you can leave Noah with" "And you don't" "No Connie is on her day off" "Jay please take him until I get off shift" "Fine" "Thank you" I stood up and walked out to the bullpen. "Bye Noah" "Squad 3, Truck 81, Ambulance 61, Engine 51 Structure fire 245 South Taylor Street"  I looked at Jay "I have to go" Jay nodded and I ran down the stairs. "Bye Trudy" I ran out and jumped in truck and drove to South Taylor Street.

I grabbed my hat and jumped out "Hart, Gabby, Otis take second floor Gallo with me on the first" I nodded then grabbed my tank and ran up to the house. I looked at Gabby and Otis then pulled my mask on.
 I then pulled my hood and helmet on then walked into the house with Gabby and Otis. "Gabby go left, Otis with me we'll go right" I turned right and walked down the hall "I'll go in here" I walked into a bedroom. "Chicago Fire Department Call Out" I swept the room. "Hart I got someone" I walked out and into the room that Otis was in. "Help me move them" I nodded and grabbed the legs "Let's go" I walked out with Otis behind me. I grabbed my radio "Brett, Foster we're coming out with someone" I nodded to Otis when we got to the front door. 
I placed the body on the gurney then took my helmet off then removed my hood and mask "Where's Gabby?" "She went in the other direction I thought she would have followed us out" Matt started running in "Matt I'll go I have more air left than you" I put my mask, hood and mask on then walked back inside.
"Gabby where are you?" "Up here I can't move them" I walked in "I'll take they young 2 you take the older" I nodded and grabbed the older kid I nodded to Gabby "Let's go before this place goes" We walked downstairs and over to the ambo. I put the kid on the gurney then pulled my hat, hood and mask off.
"Hart, you good?" I nodded "I'll be better when get back to my son" "We can stop off at the 21st so you can see him if you want" "We only have an hour or 2 left" "Hart I'm going to stop listening to you because you look like you are about to cry we are going to the 21st" "Casey" "Hart I don't care pack up and we will go to the 21st" I nodded and took my tank off and put in the truck then jumped in and put my helmet on the dashboard. "Let's go" I nodded and drove to the 21st.

"Hart you are by yourself" I nodded and jumped out. "Morning Trudy" "Morning Katrina you look terrible" "Thank you can you please buzz me up so I can go argue with my fiance" "Oh that still going?" I nodded "He dropped Noah off at 51 and left didn't even tell me I was getting Noah" "I'll buzz you up it looks like you need Noah" I nodded and walked over to the gate then pulled it open. I smiled to Trudy and walked up to the bullpen.
 "Kat, you ok?" I nodded "Where's Noah" "Locker room with Jay" I nodded and walked to the locker room. I walked to the locker room and Jay was sitting playing with Noah.
"Looks like we need the same thing" "Yah probably" I sighed "Bad fire?" "Yeah pulled a man, 2 babies around Noah's age and a young boy around 4" Jay put Noah on the floor and walked over to me. "I'm sorry for dropping Noah off with Capp I was angry" I hugged him and he pulled me in tighter. I placed my head on his chest and listened to his heartbeat. "Jay I love you" "I love you too and I'm sorry for yesterday. I pulled back and kissed him then picked Noah up. I kissed his head. "Hart hurry it up Gallo is getting bored" I chuckled "I'll see you once my shift is done" "Ok I love you" "I love you too" I smiled and walked out with Jay behind me. "I didn't hear shouting" "Ruzek watch it I have a truck full of halligans outside" I smirked "Ok ok" I chuckled then jogged downstairs. I waved to Trudy then walked out to truck and jumped in "You ok?" I nodded and started the truck then drove back to 51.

I jumped out and pulled my turnout gear off then walked into the common room. I sat down and looked at Brett. "So what's on your mind?" "What? Nothing" "Hmm where's Antonio?" "Erm, I don't know probably in bed still" "Hmm ok" I sighed "What's the time?" "10 minutes till end of shift" "Bye then" I walked to the bathroom and splashed my face with cold water then walked to the locker room. I grabbed my duffel bag out my locker and walked through to the common room. "Bye guys we have a minute till shift so it's not us getting calls anymore" I walked out to my car and got in then drove to the 21st again.

I jumped out of my car and walked into the 21st. "I'm gonna put your hand on the scanner if you come here once more Katrina Hart" I smiled "I'm sorry" "I'll buzz you" I opened the gate then walked up to the bullpen.
"Hey, babe" "Hey" I smiled and walked up to him "Noah is with Kim in the locker room I had to do something" I nodded and sat down next to Jay's desk "Hey I'll be back shortly I need to go meet a CI" I looked at him "Be safe and come back here" "I'm going to a park I'll be safe" I nodded and took out my phone "Hey Erin" "Kat you ok?" I nodded "Where's Jay" "Away to see a CI" "Ok so I spoke to Voight about you know who getting a job here" "I forgot to phone him" "Don't worry I did anyway Voight agreed I told him that he was coming back for the wedding" I nodded "Well I'll send everything over to him" "Ok" I sat looking at my phone until Jay came back "Has Kim still got Noah" I nodded "Last time I check 15 minutes ago" I chuckled "Ok I'm gonna go get him and we can go home" I nodded Jay came out with Noah "Let's go" I nodded and walked downstairs to the car. Jay put Noah in the car seat and I handed him the keys "You know Erin doesn't let me drive" "I wonder why" I smirked 

I got out of the car and grabbed my duffel bag and walked into the house. "I'm going to go get changed and we can watch movies?" "Yes I phoned Will and he and Nat agreed to watch Noah for the night because you are extremely tired" I chuckled "2 fires in 24 hours I'm tired alright" I walked up to my bedroom and got changed into a pair of joggers and one of Jay's shirts and ran downstairs. "Will has been and I found a movie" I nodded and sat down on the sofa and put my head on Jay's shoulder. My eyes started to get heavy so I shut them for 30 seconds.